Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync and won't receive notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm extremely frustrated, I've had my blaze for only a week. The last couple days it won't sync properly and my notifications stop working. I've uninstalled the app several times, unpaired and repaired my bluetooth. Logged out and back in. And nothing will fix this. Please help!

Thanks!

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi there @gagan93. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Blaze getting to sync and receiving notifications 😕 Let me give you a hand here with this!

First, I would recommend restarting your tracker. This helps to fix any minor thing that could not be working properly on your tracker itself. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

After that, go to your bluetooth settings on your phone, tap on the Blaze and hit the "Forget this device" option.

Then go ahead and set it up as a new device. For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Make sure to go to the Fitbit app, tap on the tracker at the top of the dashboard to access the tracker's settings and scroll down to Notifications to enable them. You should be all set after doing t his. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit

My Blaze has recently started having the same issue. I have already done what you have suggested

Going into further detail, I've had my Blaze for several months now, it has been working great with the all-day sync and connecting with my iPhone 7+. The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is updating the Fitbit app itself, but the Blaze is no longer constantly connected. It's very intermittent, and I'm missing phone calls and text message notifications. Restarting the Blaze will temporarily connect it most of the time, but it'll drop the connection and resume intermittently working. I have uninstalled the app, set up as new device, and everything else I can think of.

Incredibly frustrating now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been experiencing similar issues since the last Android app update.  I can usually disconnect/connect it or reset the device/bluetooth and solve the problem temporarily but it eventually returns.  I just don't realize until I look at the phone and see the notifications I've missed.  Very frustrating since the number two reason I chose a device like the Blaze (number one being step counting) was for notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue - I've updated iPhone 6s software, reinstalled app, reset blue tooth and tracker. Now it won't find it at all.

Is there a software fix coming?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ClemsonEE@hollyhock and @Helen8624 it's great to see you around.

If you are having issues syncing your trackers, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post. If your phones are not compatible, keep in mind that this might cause some inconveniences too. What I do when my tracker doesn't sync is:

1. Tap the Blaze icon
  2. Tap Sync Now
  3. After a few minutes return to Dashboard
  4. Go back to sync now
  5. And the tracker syncs

I hope this helps for you, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not so much having an issue with syncing as I am with my Blaze not getting notifications (like text messages, email, etc...).  I've tried all kind of steps like doing the Bluetooth forget/connect, turning off notifications in the app settings and then recreating them, restarting things, etc...  Usually one of those steps will restore the functionality for a short time but then eventually the issue surfaces again.  It seems to have started after the last Android app update (July 25).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem since the last Android update. I've realized the Blaze is only syncing one way, to the phone. Steps, sleep, etc are syncing to the app.

I'm not getting notifications, can't update the clock face, can't set an alarm via the app, etc.

Blaze was working fine for months until the last update. I tried all the fix steps as well. It has to be the app! Please fix it or roll it back!

Best Answer

@catchthedave wrote:

I'm having the same problem since the last Android update. I've realized the Blaze is only syncing one way, to the phone. Steps, sleep, etc are syncing to the app.

I'm not getting notifications, can't update the clock face, can't set an alarm via the app, etc.

Blaze was working fine for months until the last update. I tried all the fix steps as well. It has to be the app! Please fix it or roll it back!

I am experiencing exactly the same issues. I was unfortunate enough to drain the battery on my blaze, so now the time is not accurate.  Synching does not update the time or clock face, etc. It seems to still keep track of steps and sleep (the latter a bit more sporadical).

The only error message is "Sync error, please try again".

I've tried all the suggested solutions to try to get it synchronise. I.e.

1) Update timezone, synchronise

2) Restart phone, synchronise

3) Restart blaze, synchronise

4) Remove blaze from bluetooth settings on the phone, rediscover, synchronise

5) Disable "All-day sync", synchronise

6) Disable "Always connected", synchronise

7) Combination of 5+6

Nothing seems to get the blaze to update the time or clock face. Please note that I only changed the clock face to see if it had any impact.

Best Answer

I, too, purchased the Fitbit Blaze specifically due to the ability to receive call and text notifications. I am extremely dissatisfied with this product and think that this will be my last Fitbit product I will ever buy. I loved it at first (I used to have the Charge) when I would get call notifications but now it doesn't even do that anymore. Sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded to Blaze from Alta based on my sister's raves about it. I just received yesterday. It worked fine all day but then suddenly wouldn't sync. I've tried all the suggestions listed here and in the FITBIT help section. It works for the moment and then won't sync again. I get message tracker not found. frustrating especially since one of the suggestions was to update the android software and now I see some saying that may be where the problem lies!! I love FITBIT but I may have to give it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem!  Has anyone figured this out?  Just tried all of these suggestions and it still isn't doing notifications.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, not figured it out - I gave up in the end.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upgrading my phone OS to Android 7.0, from 6.0, solved this for me, haven't had a problem since. Stinks, a lot of people are still on 6 or below!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm only on the official android releases from OnePlus with my phone, which is currently 6.0.  Unsure if I will be getting 7.0 - but might be lucky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze also fails to sync for the last couple of weeks. i've followed all of the troubleshooting steps in the past since this is a periodic problem. Its never been clear what step works. Blaze users need input from someone who actually knows how it works or if it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your advise.  I will give it a try even though when I hit the Forget this Device on my phone, it really does not do anything, but tell me that it did not sync.  I will go and try to set it up as a new device. 
Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes