Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze wouldn't stop vibrating.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So interestingly, 

This morning between 2:30 and 2:45 my Blaze started vibrating continuously and woke me from a sound sleep. On nights where I do have an alarm, I set it for 5 am, and it was not set for this morning .

I tried turning it off three times, and it continued to vibrate even after it had shut down.

I finally got it to stop by tapping the screen for a bit, shut it off, and placed it in my nightstand. Even after going through the shut down process, the Blaze was on and functioning this morning when I took it out of my nightstand drawer. 

As for my background, the HR sensor was off, the screen was set to dim, the auto on feature was toggled off, and notifcations were off. 

Lastly, this is my second Blaze. It is a replacement pebble that I received about two weeks ago. The prior pebble had a strange type of battery drain issue caused by a HR that would run even when turned off. This ran to the point that it overheated, so the battery wouldn't hold a charge. 

I'm worried that this might be a recurrent theme, where the features get stuck to the point that it kills the battery.

If any other user in the community has had this issue, I'd love to hear about it and about your personal story of navigating this issue.

Thanks !

Ryan O'Gowan

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Wonderful troubleshooting @RyanOG

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RyanOG welcome to the Fitbit Community! 🙂 I would like to ask if this was a one time event? Is your Blaze working properly now? Did you reach out to our support team for assistance as suggested by @SunsetRunner?  

Keep me posted! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze seems to have died last weekend. During a run a couple weeks ago, the display started rapidly pulsing on-and-off, and wouldn’t stop. When I got home, I pushed the buttons for a reset, and it began working fine again. Then during another run last Friday, it did the same thing. Again, I reset the Blaze when I got home and it worked fine. Then during a run on Sunday, the vibration alarm began vibrating and wouldn’t stop. The Blaze also wouldn’t reset. I took a closer look when I got home and the display indicated the battery was very low, so I put it in the charger (it was still vibrating). I checked on it in about an hour, and it was very hot to the touch – if I had put it on the charger overnight, as I usually do, I’m sure it would have started a fire (which is an extreme liability for Fitbit). When I took the Blaze out of the charger, the screen was black and unresponsive. Is there a recall for these clearly defective (and dangerous) trackers? Fitbit is sending me a shipping label to return the Blaze so it can be examined, but it's a couple months beyond warranty so we'll see whether the company stands behind its products. More important, this is a very real hazard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it just happened to me right now. Called customer service and they are doing a courtesy replacement. Up to now, it keeps on buzzing pretty loud. I was even thinking of getting Ionic but now worried of the same issue might happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes