Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163
I have tried everything to pair the Blaze Classic with my Droid Turbo 2. It work fine on my Droid Maxx but when I updated my phone it no longer worked. I wish they would get it fixed. Especially with the number of clients that are having the same problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth classic should be as easy to oair as a Keyboard, speaker, ot selfie stick.

Can we get sn elaboration as to what step it fails?

1. Are you unpairef from the old phone, have it  turned off, or not near you?
  2. Can you pur the Blaze on pairing mode?
  3. Does the phone see the Bluetooth?
  4. Does the phone send the code? 
  5. Can you see the same code in the phone?
  6. Do you confirm on the Blaze first?
  7. Then on the phone?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone and Blaze are paired regularly. It is pairing the Blaze Classic
which controls the music on my phone through my Blaze. That is when the
error occurs.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im aware that we are refferring to BT Classic,  what 8m try8ng to ascertain is what is this error your refferring to. Without knowing what is going wrong, the best i can do is give the steps required to connect the two units. Then ask you at what step do you see the error.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is the screenshot of the error.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not been able to pair mine with the music as well.   Sorry can't be of much help with that part.  
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is not pairing issues it's synching issues.  So, at that point I either restart my bluetooth and then it ends up synching.  If that doesn't work I unpair my Fitbit Blaze and then re-pair it annd then I get a code on my Blaze and my phone.  I confirm the code on my Blaze or my phone (I don't think that it matters which one you choose to confirm the code on) and then I am good to go with synching my Blaze to my phone.
I think that we might be talking about two different things but, if not I hope that this helped?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. Have you gotten any help with the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

make sure to turn off all apps runnig in background before trying to sync or pair. i have found that fb and fb messenger can keep your fitbit from synching and/or pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I haven't gotten any help. I noticed when I have my Bose Bluetooth in
and I try to sync my fitbit it won't work. However, if I turn my Bluetooth
headset prior to syncing my fitbit , won't have a problem . If I forget
then I have to them off my fitbit and turn phone Bluetooth off for fifteen
minutes and repair after ten tries, then it will work .
Best Answer
0 Votes

@shellybelly I'm trying to figure out what is being said.. Syncing happens through the Blaze, music control happens through the Classic. 

If your having problems syncing, yes one of the steps is to unpaid the Blaze(not Blaze Classic), then a forced sync will pair it up agsin. 

But generally turning Bluetooth off/on or restarting the tracker will work. 

On android a phone restart may be needed after an app upgraden

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly I just use my work iPhone since I could never get it to work 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes
having to shut/restart things is not a solution. I have all day sync on the
blaze and my phone always has bluetooth on. the blaze should not turn
bluetooth on and off by it self.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jdneilso wrote:

Hello,

I just picked up the Fitbit Blaze today.  I'm able to sync with my Phone, Moto X Pure (Android 6), using Low Energy.  I get all my updates for my activity on my phone as expected.

However, I cannot connect with Bluetooth Classic in order to control my music.  When attempting to pair I get the error message:

Couldn't piar the Blaze (Classic) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey.

I am able to connect the Fitbit Blaze with my LG G2 (Android 5.0.2) and my BLU Win HD LTE (Windows 8.1 Update 2).

On the Moto X Pure, I never see the number come up to confirm the pin, it just goes straight to the failed error message.  I have location services turned on.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

*Edit for quote*
I also keep getting this same error message when I try to connect with Blaze (Classic). I use a OnePlus 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnotherMedic your jumping into the middle of a convetsation, saying you get the same message with the Blaze classic, but haven't stayed what this message is? 

This statement also has me concerned, the blaze gets added yo you account through the app.. Then the app does the pairing. 

As for BT Classic, this is paired thorough the Phones blu

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

Actually I selected "Reply" to a previous comment that specified the message I got, which was "[couldn't] pair the Blaze (Classic) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey." What you've stated are basic steps to adding a new Fitbit. The problem I'm experiencing is with BT Classic. The problem seems to be a failure on the part of the Blaze to either recognize or receive the pairing request from my phone. If you have any helpful insight please do share.

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@AnotherMedic your jumping into the middle of a convetsation, saying you get the same message with the Blaze classic, but haven't stayed what this message is? 

This statement also has me concerned, the blaze gets added yo you account through the app.. Then the app does the pairing. 

As for BT Classic, this is paired thorough the Phones blu

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnotherMedic without knowing what step, or what order the steps taken are until the classic pairing fails i need to start at step one. 

1. Can you put the Blaze in discover able mode? 
  2. Does the phone see the Blaze? 
  3. Does the Blaze and the phone show the same code? 
  4. Are you accepting the code on the Blaze before accepting it on the phone? 
  5. At what step does it fail at and what is the error. 

It is possible that there is a software problem, a restart of tthe affected device, are non responding hardware, requiring a compiler power off of the affected device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@AnotherMedic without knowing what step, or what order the steps taken are until the classic pairing fails i need to start at step one. 

1. Can you put the Blaze in discover able mode? 
  2. Does the phone see the Blaze? 
  3. Does the Blaze and the phone show the same code? 
  4. Are you accepting the code on the Blaze before accepting it on the phone? 
  5. At what step does it fail at and what is the error. 

It is possible that there is a software problem, a restart of tthe affected device, are non responding hardware, requiring a compiler power off of the affected device. 

As I mentioned before, there are the problem lies with either the reception or recognition of the pairing request sent from my phone to the Blaze. This means that the code is not appearing on the Fitbit after I send the pairing request from my phone. Which means that the phone recognizes the Blaze (Classic). This means there is no problem with selecting "Pair" on the Blaze.

Edit: Complete restarts of both devices was the first thing I tried.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry your post i responded to was the the first of your posts in this thread, no there was no mention before to look at. I frequently find that when somebody says that they have the same problem, it is discovered that their problem is completely unrelated. I have learned that when somebody says i have the same problem, the statement tells me nothing. 

Have you tried a reset, or a shutdown of the Blaze through its settings menu? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not really. They told me that the Blaze is not yet compatible with the
Droid Turbo 2. That was it.
Best Answer
0 Votes