Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

My Kindle Fire isn't compatable, it can't even run the Fitbit app, but was able to pair and control the volume, pause, and play.

So i don't understand why the Classic can't at least pair to a phone, even if it can't control music. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would think that even if the phone isn't comparable it would still pair. This only uses a common protocol. 

I was able to pair the blaze classic to a kindle fire, can't even install any fitbit software on it. I'm even able to start one stop the kindle reader audio player

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Blaze Fitbit and I have been trying to pair with my Adroid Turbo.  My phone would search and only find blaze and not Blaze Classic. Then I double checked my Blaze and in settings, changed it to pair and then I searched for it and found the Blaze Classic. Now it's paired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnotherMedic

Hello! I also use a OnePlus 2 and am getting the same error message - "Couldn't pair with Blaze (Classic) because of an incorrect PIN or passkey".  I've tried rebooting the phone and the Blaze.  Also tried unpairing and re-pairing.  

Were you able to find a solution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@skassam I'm a little confused, if you can't pair the classic how did you in pair it? 

I'll assume you received a code on the Blaze and the phone, and that they match. 

Did you confirm on the Blaze, then the phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

The Blaze and my phone successfully pair using "Blaze".  I am trying to pair using "Blaze (Classic)", for music control. 

When I said I tried unpairing, it was in reference to "Blaze".

Your assumption regarding receiving a code is incorrect.  I did not receive a code on my Blaze or phone when I tried to pair using "Blaze (Classic)"

Best Answer

@nmgma00 there are seven real steps needed to pair the Blaze clasaic, or for that matter any BT device. You gave us the error message, but i was wondering at what step tithe process failed? 

1. Is the Blaze able to be placed into the pair mode? 
  2. If there is any device nearby that Blaze Classic has been paired to, please turn it's BY off. 
  3. Does the phone find the Blaze Classic. 
  4. Does the phone display a code? 
  5. Is there a code displayed on the Blaze? 
  6. Are you able to accept the code on the Blaze? 
  7. Then on the phone? 

Has the Classic Blaze ever been paired to this or any other phone? 

Have you tried restarting the Blaze? 

I had assumed that a code was displayed on the Blaze, by confirming on the phone the user is telling the phone that yes i see this code on the Blaze and it matches. Next time tell no since the code was not shown. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem her after 2 months it started behaving exactly as you described

iPhone SE <> Fitbit Blaze
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi to all

I have just bought a Blaze. After reading some threads, my understanding is that there are 2 Bluetooth: Blaze and Blaze Classic. Now, my understanding is that Bluetooth classic is needed for music control and it is paired using our Mobile device. Then, if we see the option of just Blaze in our mobile, we should not worry about. becuase it will always be rejected by Fitbit.

Now, to ensure that our Blaze is synchronizing with the Fitbit App portal, we just need to make sure that our Blaze is showing on the settings of our Fitbit app.

Am I correct with this?

Thanks a million folks for your help

Truly,

Aixa

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
Thank you!!!!! The lack of Blaze (Classic) showing in BT on my android has been bugging me for days. I even contacted Fitbit Support and they couldn't answer it either. You have stopped me going insane.
Best Answer
0 Votes

With an iOS device Bluetooth classic is not used, the music is controlled through the Blaze Bluetooth LE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm now on my 3rd replacement Blaze, since I got it several weeks ago  Fitbit's solution to the music Bluetooth Classic pairing issue.  None of them have paired successfully.

I have a Moto X (Pure) running Marshmallow, and it seems several other users have had the same issue.

I cannot connect to Bluetooch (Classic) as it never displays a pin code either on the tracker or on the phone.  Just goes right to error code.

I have tried disconnecting the tracker, restarting bluetooth, restarting both devices, etc.  

Nothing.

This is very disappointing and irritating.  Basically I do not get to use a major feature because Fitbit swears the phone is compatible.  But clearly, there's an issue.  

Fitbit - you really need to test this with a Moto X (Pure) so that you realize there is legitimately an issue here. This isn't right.

Best Answer

Is the Moto X on the supported list? 

I think your looking at it bsckwards, phones not on the list may work but your experiamce will vary. 

Fitbit has some sort of process when validating a phone model.. Part of this is to test all functions and troubleshoot any problems found.. This could mean rewriting software and testing to see how the rewrite fixed any issues without developing any more issues on both this and all other o ones. 

As for as we know RT I could be working on the Moto X. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried reinstalling Theo Fitbit app?

That solved it on my iPhone :mobile_phone: until then same story. No pin no nothin'

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Rich_Laue - appreciate all the support you've been giving here, but sadly the pairing doesn't seem to be working for me either, and thought you could help?

To answer your questions

1. Is the Blaze able to be placed into the pair mode? > Yes
  2. If there is any device nearby that Blaze Classic has been paired to, please turn it's BT off. > Yes
  3. Does the phone find the Blaze Classic. > Yes
  4. Does the phone display a code? > No
  5. Is there a code displayed on the Blaze? > No
  6. Are you able to accept the code on the Blaze? > No
  7. Then on the phone? > No

I have a OnePlus 2, and I basically don't see the code. I get an error in relation to the pin/passcode.

I've rebooted both devices 2x, and still nothing.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to also make sure all BT devices connecting to the Phone were off too, not just the ones connected to Blaze. My PC BT  and My Motorola Roadster for my car(from clear out in the driveway). If you have a BT speaker you may want to turn it off too. Here is another thread with a solved check mark that might give you some ideas. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-Music-Control-Information-Post/td-p/1196265/jump-to/firs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem I'm having with my Android phone (ZTE Citrine) is that it will not control the music.

It will do the Blaze Classic pairing,  but when I bring up the music contorl on the Blaze,  it keeps showing  "Connecting...."

And the Fitbit APP syncing is horrible .  It takes a several minutes to sync and not always accurate.

In my Ipad3,  it sycs with a few seconds and the music control works there.

I am able to get other BlueTooth devices to work with my phone... so I am unclear is to why the problem is with the Android app or the inability of Blaze to sync to an android phone, well... at least not to my android phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Hawkwynd. Good to see you in the Fitbit Forums! 🙂

I was taking a look at the list of supported mobile devices and it seems that the ZTE Citrine is not added to the list which leads me to think that most likely, it will not work for music control. 

As a side note, some devices that are not added to the list of compatible devices may work for syncing but they may not work for other features. I would say that is the reason why music control it's not working.

If you need anything else, I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

You sir are hilarious... You people keep telling people to go to your dumb list. Do you know how many phone are not on that list and work just fine?  I also have a ZTE Axon7 and it work fine with CLASSIC.  It shouldn't because it's not on your list. Man Surprised It pairs fine with my Laptop... that's not on your list.  

This is just rediculous. The Moto X Pure is one of the most popular phones out there.  You need to add support.

Best Answer

Hi there @shoman94, Good to have you in the Community! 🙂

I totally understand what you're saying and for that reason I stated the following:

"As a side note, some devices that are not added to the list of compatible devices may work for syncing but they may not work for other features. I would say that is the reason why music control it's not working."

I'm glad to hear that your ZTE Axon7 works with your tracker.

Anything else, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes