Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Rich Laue ... you are really confused mate. Let me explain.

A lot of people are somehow able to Sync the Fitbit initially to the phone/app, in which it asks you to enter a number into your phone (AND TURN ON BLUETOOTH ON YOU PHONE IF IT IS NOT ON ALREADY), that is displayed on the Fitbit Blaze, then once you enter that number on your Phone*, it syncs the FITBIT phone APP to the FITBIT Tracker (wristband unit). Once it is "synced" you then have to then go into your "BLUETOOTH" settings on your PHONE, and scan for new devices, IF the BLAZE* (not BLAZE CLASSIC) is not already visible. 

You will then need to go to SETTINGS, on the Tracker (wristband unit), and go to "BLUETOOTH CLASSIC" in the list, and turn it from OFF to PAIR, then go back to your Bluetooth on your PHONE , flick it off then on again, and wait for "BLUETOOTH CLASSIC*" to show in visible devices as well as BLAZE* which should already be in there. Tap "BLUETOOTH CLASSIC*" and allow it to PAIR, making sure that the Bluetooth Classic setting on the Tracker (wristband unit) is still showing as Pair & not Off...

NOW THE PROBLEM IS, FOR MOST PEOPLE:

The phone app and the Tracker (wristband unit) (for general tracking of heartrate, calories, etc) will pair/sync, just fine, but the 'BLUETOOTH CLASSIC' which controls syncing of Music etc, will NOT ...

Now I, can clearly understand what they were asking, so I cannot for the life of me see why you can't ...

Now I also haVe this problem after buying one of these Fitbit units today. I have reset, turned off, restarted, unpaired, re-paired EVERYTHING, and everything works except the f**king 'BLUETOOTH CLASSIC' which controls syncing of Music ... SO ...

CAN ANYONE THINK OF ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP .. THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!

Best Answer

Shoman 94, you are so right. It is up to Motorola to sort out this issue. It's not as if there are only a handful of people having this problem. I would estimate that the complaints in this Forum alone X another 5000 complaints (that are not seen in this Forum) would probably not even come close ..

FIX THIS PLEASE, MOTOROLA!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does one get the passkey or pin

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will be displayed on the tracker 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ahve a Droid Turbo 2 as well, and it doesn't show me a code on either of them either when i am trying to pair.  It says it is a supported phone so maybe we just have to keep trying.

Best Answer

mrsholwellYou are a miracle worker!  Can't imagine how you discovered that roundabout solution, but it worked for me as well.  Many thanks for posting!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what I did to correct this:

Unpaired my device from Fitbit App.(hold down in devices).

Then I paired to Bluetooth Classic on my phone (Droid Turbo).

Finally got the numbers to pop up.

Then went back into app and added device.

Works fine,  but doesn't skip to next song in Pandora. I can do on my headphones though so no biggie.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me! THANKS!

1) Phone: Unpair Blaze in Bluetooth Options

2) Fitbit App: Remove Blaze device

3) Fitbit Blaze: Navigate to Settings, turn on "Pair"

4) Fitbit App: Add Blaze device (follow on screen questions)

5) Done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. Any help you find that works.... Please share!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, so after doing a little bit of research here is what I found works for me on my Moto Turbo 2.

You have to completely unpair the Blaze from the phone.

1.  go to bluetooth settings and "forget" the blaze from the phone

2.  go to the Fitbit app and unpair the device from the app

3. Reset your phone

4. When your phone resets, go to your bluetooth settings on the blaze and set the Classic Mode to "pair"

5. go to your bluetooth settings on the phone and search for "Blaze(classic)"

6.  pair with Blaze(classic)

7.   Test by using blaze to control music via library or app (I used Spotify)

8. once the pairing process is complete and music control works, go to the Fitbit app and add the Blaze as you normally would

once that is complete you should be up and running.

Best Answer

Thanks!!! I did all of that it pairs great!! Now if only it would stay connected. It won't stay connected long enough to actually work. 

Best Answer

I picked up a blaze today.  I'm having issues pairing "classic" with my Moto X Pure also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 running Android N

I was having the same issue where pairing of the Blaze profile went fine, but pairing Blaze (Classic) would fail with an incorrect PIN error.

Info from the post I am replying to helped, specifically the idea of an app in the background causing pairing issues.  I have a lot of apps so disabling each one would have taken a long time.  I do know of some apps that will clear the active services, but I decided on a different path.

My resolution was to boot my phone into Safe Mode.  This disables all applications.  From here I could easily pair my device to my Blaze via the Classic profile.  Reboot into normal mode and the pairing remains and I now have music control.  I still have to start the music on the device first.   It is also not a low power profile so I cannot comment on the battery usage.

A couple of things to note.  Safe mode should be available on all Android devices.  For the Turbo 2 you hold the power button until the menu with "Power Off" shows up, then hold that on-screen button until you get a prompt for Safe Mode.  Searching for your device and the words "Safe Mode" should get you good instructions.

It also reset all my default apps and removed my desktop widgets.  I did not see this in the documentation on the Motorola site so I wanted to add the warning.  I am also on a slightly newer version of Android so your results may vary.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me frequently for reasons I'm not really sure of.  I'm pairing it with my iphone and the only thing that works for me is if I go to bluetooth, click on the blaze and then "forget this device".  Then I go to my fit bit, under the settings screen, I click to "pair" under the Bluetooth classic.  I then go back to the bluetooth on my iphone and have it search for other devices.  Once it shows up, I click on it.  It gives me a code which I then have to click "yes" on the blaze and then pair device on the iphone.  Anything short of that doesn't seem to work when it decides to "unpair" itself from my phone to the blaze.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me frequently for reasons I'm not really sure of.  I'm pairing it with my iphone and the only thing that works for me is if I go to bluetooth, click on the blaze and then "forget this device".  Then I go to my fit bit, under the settings screen, I click to "pair" under the Bluetooth classic.  I then go back to the bluetooth on my iphone and have it search for other devices.  Once it shows up, I click on it.  It gives me a code which I then have to click "yes" on the blaze and then pair device on the iphone.  Anything short of that doesn't seem to work when it decides to "unpair" itself from my phone to the blaze.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your Fitbit Blaze, go to Settings, Bluetooth Classic, switch that on and then try to pair your phone with the Blaze and the option to pair with Blaze (Classic) should appear and that is the device you choose to pair with. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Failed. Moto X Pure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get any error message from the phones OS settings. 

Bluetooth Classic should pair as easy as a speaker or keyboard. 

Best Answer
still get "incorrect pin or passkey" doesn't happen with my Samsung Galaxy
Tab s or daughters galaxy 5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I should state Moto X Pure running Android 6.0 

Best Answer
0 Votes