Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

How long should the original pairing take. I just took it out of the box and it has been pairing for 35 minutes????

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found i have to accept it on the tracker first, then the phone.

Best Answer

This did not work for me.  My android recognizes the blaze but the blaze is unpairable.  never got the codes.  I am upset that I paid a good amount of money for the Blaze and it cannot do something as simple as pair with my phone when the less costly Fitbit Charge HR was no problem.  Thinking I need to be looking at a Garmin next after this Fitbit runs it lifecycle.  If it is true to the half dozen other fitbit devices I have had it will only last 2 years tops.

Best Answer

@kbhetter, are you refferring to the Blqze Classic which this thread is about, or the Blaze? Only the Blaze Classic is able to be paired the way your trying.

Did you receive tye error "Rejected by Blaze"

Best Answer

Hi all,

classic problem,

cannot get notifications on my Blaze, phone is an S8.The phone says Fitbit notifications are running. I had 2 options to pair to Blaze and Blaze (Classic). Pairing is rejected by the Fitbit using Blaze, but will pair to Blaze Classic. Everything syncs to the phone, I just cannot get any email, message or. phone notifications.

Have I missed anything?

Any help is gratefully received.

Best Answer
Blase connection is set through the fitbit app. Blaze classic is paired
through normal Bluetooth connections under settings and is on for
controlling audio playback. If you want notifications go into settings by
tapping the Blaze image in the top right corner. Then turn on
notifications.
Best Answer

I have tried all that, reset both devices, paired and unpaired Classic in case it was interfering with the LE Bluetooth. I have unpaired and 'forgotten ' all other Bluetooth devices. Still nothing.

Best Answer

Ok folks I found at least one problem and that is that the latest app update is broken when it comes to the Blaze. I received my 3rd replacement device and all of them did the same thing. Time would be off by over an hour and I could not change the clock face besides the fact that it failed all sync's and the two replacement units would not update from my moto x pure edition. I could use a samsung tablet to push the system update but it would not sync with the tablet. So I downloaded older versions 2.42, 2.50 and 2.52 all of which fixed every problem. I tried one of them with my wife's phone which was running an older official play store version and it worked and fixed the time and syncing. With in an hour it updated to 2.55 and it no longer syncs. The time has stayed correct as the App can't sync to screw it up.Fitbit App Version 2.55Fitbit App Version 2.55 

Best Answer

removed and edited previous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same removing redundant post as I can't delete it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 30 min on the phone with FitBit US, they admitted that there are some syncing issues with SOME S8 units. I have the email if anyone wants it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not just Samsung units.  I have a Motorola that worked for over a year and then when the August 9th update came out syncing stopped.  I have one replacement unit sent so far, but again it's the software, so maybe if they get this fixed it will just be a spare.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed, I have a Samsung and Motorola x and a tablet none of which work on
version 2.55.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed, I have a Samsung and Motorola x and a tablet none of which work on
version 2.55.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this tyread still about the Classic bluetooth, which has nothing to do with the ability to sync the tracker,  or has this thread been hijacked!

Best Answer
Probably. I was replying to something else about the Blaze. Sorry about
the hijack.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Probably. I was replying to something else about the Blaze. Sorry about
the hijack.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have an S8+ and the everything syncs except for sms, emails, etc notifications. its never worked for me. just got the blaze a couple of days ago. controlling music works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I select Bluetooth pair on my blaze. Then on my Android device search for available Bluetooth devices. The blas(classic) populates. When I select it it registers as "pairing" but never gives any pin on the blaze or phone. My phone just says "incorrect pin or passcode"

I've restarted the blaze by holding the left and bottom button twice.

I've turned my phone off and restarted it as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you BinarySoup! It seems that 2.52 is the latest version that still works on Android. I was able to rev back to that version and while I still can't seem to get the Blaze (Classic) to pair to Bluetooth, the app now syncs, I can change time zones and the clock face changes as well.

Hopefully Fitbit actually looks at this forum and realized they broke the syncing and still haven't fixed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes