Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Classic Pairing Issues Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Bersion 2.56 seems to work better than the past versions on my Android phone.

Best Answer
2.56 is working on my wifes samsung but not my Moto X, it will download
data (sync) but cannot push data (change the clock face).

I just tried 2.57.3 which is worse. It keeps losing sync and wants to
restart bluetooth every time and still can't push a clock face to the Blaze.

"Try try try... try again."
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BinarySoup wrote:
2.56 is working on my wifes samsung but not my Moto X, it will download
data (sync) but cannot push data (change the clock face).

I just tried 2.57.3 which is worse. It keeps losing sync and wants to
restart bluetooth every time and still can't push a clock face to the Blaze.

"Try try try... try again."

But what your experiencing has nothing to do with bluetooth classic or music control.
Help.fitbit.com/?q=sync

Best Answer
Actually, my blaze has been unable to pair classic since these same
updates, so perhaps the bus are linked somehow?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue (syncing but no notifications, not even the test notification) on a Samsung S8+. Both Fitbit and Samsung blame the other. Pathetic service. 

Best Answer

I am right there with you....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive been having the same issue for months. I gave up. Then decided to wear it again. Worked fine w update for 2 days. Now it is never syncing to my phone or with myfitnesspal.com. I'm sick of these issues always happening and having to manually sync, turn off/ on, impairing, etc. It shouldn't be this hard and time consuming.  I used to love Fitbit. Now not so much.  Going to eventually switch to a samsung watch.  EFF this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading all of these tells me I need to return this item and go back to map my run bummer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

did not work for me shows the blaze but connection refused?

Best Answer

On twitter Fitbit at least confirms they're aware of the issue and their investigation led them to conclude that Samsung needs to issue an update. Samsung has yet to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did too. I kept at it last night bc it was denying the connection. And I think as per others say, it is not blaze classic. It's blaze. Anyway, I am reconnected. We'll see how long this one (connection) lasts. And other peeps are saying it disconnects and then they have to re-pair it as I did with the code.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I had samsung 6s I think and now the 8. I haven't been getting notifications like texts phone calls, etc for a yr. No joke. I stopped trying bc I have notifications turned on and it's connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is working for me now for a week, but I'm not sure what caused it and how long it will last. 

I reset all connections on my Samsung S8+ and added the Blaze as a new device again. It didn't work at first but after an hour or so notifications started working. 

One annoying thing is that when I clear a notification on Blaze but not on my phone and receive another notification in the same app (e.g. a text) it will show the original notification again, AND that notification plus the new one. This quickly adds up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit blaze intermittently works when trying to use it for the exercise mode in conjunction with my iphone 6, just when i think yeeea finally its working it doesn't .....im a bit fed up with it now.....all i want is to press the exercise button walk bike treadmill or run and it connect to my phone... i just dont understand why sometimes it wont and gives me message check fitbit app.......everything is up to date , on in settings i could throw it in the bin at the moment!!!!! not happy at all

@nmgma00 wrote:

I seem to always have this problem and I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Android issue cuz my SO doesn't have this problem with his iPhone. In the setting on the Blaze, I have an option for Bluetooth Classic and it's always "off". I can choose "pair" but then what?? Nothing happens. So I get no text notifications or music control. It does pair with the app on the phone for stats though. Anyone???Smiley Mad

Best Answer

same here

Best Answer

If you setup the Blaze with an iPhone then Bluetooth classic should not be an option on the tracker. It is not used at all in iOS, android and win phones need this to control music. 

You would turn it to pair, then put the phones Bluetooth settings into search. 

Accept it on the blaze then the phone. 

@tuttya I'm not sure which of the above problems you are referring to. 

Best Answer
Yes!! I have the same issue! I had posted about it in an earlier text. It works only for that day, that moment. I have to physically go to my Fitbit app and sync. 8 have gotten text n9tuf8cati9ns 9r phone calls' notice on my watch. (Everything is connevted). I gave up. I don't care as long as if updates my all my daily stuff. I'm so done with Fitbit and samsung!! I used to love samsung. I'm going to check out and probs switch to Google phone and their watch. Eff this!!! I will not go to iPhone. Been there done that.!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
Best Answer
0 Votes

@kitty2 I'm not sure what issue you are having, this thread is about the Bluetooth classic. Are you not able to control music on your phone? 

Best Answer

Blaze classic comes and goes on my iPhone I was trying it as a last resort as I wasn’t getting any connection with my Blaze ?? Well it will connect if I

1. Turn my iPhone off and on about 4 times

2. remove and Re download the Fitbit app 3-4 times

3. Reset my Blaze  watch 2 or 3 times

4. Remove Blaze Bluetooth connection  ie ‘forget this device’ 2 or 3 times and turn off watch then get watch and phone to refund each other!!!

this is ridiculous it’s so frustrating I cannot just randomly think oh let’s record this bike, walk, run using Bluetooth between my watch and phone.. it never works! I can spend five hours on the sofa and eventually it’ll work !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only advice I can offer is to make sure there are no other devices synced to you fit bit blaze or trying to sync to your blaze. I had the fit bit app on my iPad as well as my phone. My blaze was not syncing with my phone. I tried everything that you tried, if not more! After many attempts, I finally realized my iPad was trying to sync with my blaze, which was sort of overriding my phone, causing the blaze not to connect to my phone. I removed the fit bit app from ALL my other devices that had the fit bit app on it just to be sure

Once I did that, my blaze synced with my phone and I had no other syncing issues. I will add that background apps can affect the syncing of your fit bit. I found that Facebook and FB messenger were causing my fit bit not to sync, so I disabled them so they would not run in the background and interfere with my fit bit. Hope this helps and good luck. Btw, my phone is an android, galaxy s6 edge.

Best Answer
0 Votes