Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth classic preventing syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new phone (I think the 3rd one while I've had the Blaze) and this is the first syncing issue I've had with my Blaze. I am able to pair with the new phone, but only the classic Bluetooth option and not the normal Bluetooth only from the Blaze. I am able to control music from the Blaze, but that is the only function it can perform with the phone.

What I cannot do from the fitbit to the phone app is sync, receive notifications, and most important to me, connect the Blaze with my phone's GPS when I go for an outdoor run, the biggest reason why I buy Fitbit products. Fortunately, I can sync the device with my computer, but this isn't a viable option when I travel.

Yes, I have done all the basic fixes that haven't worked such as: restart the fitbit, turn off/on Bluetooth, uninstall app, delete device from account. 

My problem as well as problems numerous others have encountered should have been avoided only if we could RESET (not restart our Blazes). Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

You don't mention that you checked that your new phone is supported by fitbit at www.fitbit/com/devices

One issue I have had when swapping phones is where the old phone still had a bluetooth connection to the fitbit even though I deleted the app. When I went into the phone's bluetooth settings and "forgot" the link then the new phone connected ok.

Best Answer

The new phone is a refurbished one of the same make and model (Moto X4 Andriod One) because the old one was damaged and I was unable to unpair my Fitbit from it. So I believe the problem is the device won't give me the regular Bluetooth option since it still thinks it should be primarily paired with the old damaged phone, but I hope I am wrong in this assessment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Este290 your Blaze Low Energy can not be paired by you to the phone.

To use your new phone:

Turn off the blBluetoo on you old phone if it is nearby and turned on

Download the Fitbit app

Your setup and the Blaze should sync.

Best Answer