Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth issues with Galaxy S9

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm really fed up with my Blaze as it just refuses to connect to the bluetooth on my Galaxy S9 when I go out for a run. I can sometimes get it to connect and get 1 bar of bluetooth signal but as soon as I start running it disconnects. The main reason I bought this tracker was for running and I'm feeling extremely let down.

I have tried many of the suggestions on these forums, like using classic bluetooth and turning off all day sync but to no avail. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Starkaryen.

Thanks for reaching back and checking on the settings I mentioned to improve the connection.

As I mentioned above, there is an issue with Android 9 that is causing syncing issues and our team is aware of it. At this moment we do not have any updates but as soon as we do, we will be sure to let everyone know.

For the time being maybe you could try using a different device or a computer to sync your Fitbit. Click here to find instruction on how to do it. Please do know that we fully understand that this is not a solution to the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Forums @Starkaryen.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing your experience in here and for trying the steps that have been shared in the Forums.

In this case the situation with Android 9 phones that causes the syncing to be erratic and to fail. There are some steps that might be able to help, if you have not tried them yet. First, turn off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

That will help the Fitbit sync and stay connected to your S9.

I hope you find this helpful. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I don't seem to have the same menu tree on my device to turn off background restrictions/limits that you suggested. I have either Settings > Notifications or Settings > Apps. I cannot find an option to disable background restrictions. I checked for battery optimisation and it was already turned off for the Fitbit app.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated. I tried a run again yesterday and lost connectivity within 60 seconds of starting my run.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mean to turn off background data usage restrictions? I have checked this for the Fitbit app and it was already set to allow background data usage, including when battery saver mode is on. I do not have the exact options you mentioned.

From what I can tell, the app options you mentioned were already set to the suggested settings. Connectivity is still very poor. Any further advice please?

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Starkaryen.

Thanks for reaching back and checking on the settings I mentioned to improve the connection.

As I mentioned above, there is an issue with Android 9 that is causing syncing issues and our team is aware of it. At this moment we do not have any updates but as soon as we do, we will be sure to let everyone know.

For the time being maybe you could try using a different device or a computer to sync your Fitbit. Click here to find instruction on how to do it. Please do know that we fully understand that this is not a solution to the situation.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After your previous replies I decided that it must be a Blaze issue and decided to upgrade to a Versa a couple of days ago. Since setting up my new watch I have persistently encountered syncing issues. I disconnected my Blaze from my account, restarted my Bluetooth, watch and phone countless times but still encounter this sync problem. The connection when attempting to change watch faces or do anything with any apps is terrible and it takes probably 20mins of my phone telling me it's lost connection with the Versa to change anything.

Additionally,  I bought this watch for its strava integration but the app on the watch won't authorise my Strava account. I have connected the accounts via a browser as suggested in other threads and repeatedly connected, disconnected and reconnected my accounts but nothing works. For an expensive watch I expected better. Please provide some assistance before I return this watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is with the GALAXY S9 

I am receiving email notifications and it shows when someone is calling but it will not display my text messages.  It will notify me that I have a text message but wont display them like it used to

Best Answer
0 Votes

forgot to mention above that I have a BLAZE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Until a proper solution is found try using Sport Tracker. It’s a free app and will track where you’ve gone, give you pace, split times etc. I’ve used it cycling with my S9 and it works well.

Best Answer
0 Votes