Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Blaze won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I received my blaze today and lo and behold it won't turn on. It seems like the backlighting is turning on and off but I never received a message for set up. 

And yes before I'm told to do a hard reset yes I've tried that. No go. Just wondering if there is any other tricks I can try before I send this junk bucket back and have to wait another week for something that may or may not work. 

Thanks in advance

Back light onBack light on

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes I tried to set it up but the setup screen never turned on and my phone could be underneath it and it couldn't find the tracker. 

Unfortunately I bought straight from Fitbit.com store which at this point I realize I never should have because it would be 100% easier to exchange it on store 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Have you tried to set it up? Did the app fond your Blaze?

If it doesn't i would yry the two button reset 3 times.

If it still doesn't work, the next easiest choice would be to exchange it at the place of purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I tried to set it up but the setup screen never turned on and my phone could be underneath it and it couldn't find the tracker. 

Unfortunately I bought straight from Fitbit.com store which at this point I realize I never should have because it would be 100% easier to exchange it on store 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wondering if the app waa able to detect the Blaze?

Then look in the top corner of this page, or under help in the fitbit app for the contact.fitbit.com link.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not an app issue, this is not the default screen you see before pairing to Fitbit app.

Something is wrong with the tracker.

Have you tried a reset?

Hold left button and bottom right button until you see the Fitbit log appear.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand it is a tracker issue, but it might just be only a display issue.

If the app os able to see the tracker, and sends a code to the tracker, it requires the tracker to xlear the screen. This clearing of the screen might fix the problem. 

Did the app find the tracker when trying to set it up?

@Leeomg as for the hard reset you mentioned in the first post, i aaaume you mean a 2 button software restart. The hardware restart requires the user to swipe to settings - shutdown - tap - confirm

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have the option to swipe anywhere. This pic in the original post is what I get. No app no dashboard just a blank lit up screen. My phone cannot find it whatsoever. I'm pretty sure I was sent a dud. 

I'm going to keep it in the charging cradle overnight and see if that does anything for it but I'm pretty sure I'll have to mail it back. 

When i I hold it up to my ear I can hear a very faint beep that goes on and off with the backlight blinking 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is why i assumed it was a software restart.

If the app cant find it tour only option is to reach out to fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Leeomg, thanks for the attachment and @Dragonfruit and @Rich_Laue for stopping by.

Since you have already tried all troubleshoot possible, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

i am having the the exact same problem, fit bit turned off and won't come back on showing blank lighting screen & vibrating every 20 seconds but nothing happening. 

Rather frustrating as the Fitbit is not even 2 months old yet

any advice

Best Answer
0 Votes