Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie consumption against heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If I look at the detail of an activity, for example a walk, the fall in calorie burn seems to reduce before my heart-rate on a time view, by about a couple of minutes. (In my case this is when I reach town and stop in a store, for example). I'd expect that calorie burn and heart beat would be very closely correlated with, if anything, the calorie burn lagging the heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to see you around @ChrisAtkins.

Could you please be more specific about your inquiry or issue? Is your tracker registering your calories as it should or are you seeing any type of discrepancy? In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? article.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra, Here's a screen shot of the situation about which I was asking. If you look in the middle of the trace, the calories burned falls before my pulse falls (the dip where it goes blue, in the middle) and I wanted to understand why that was. I don't think there's anything wrong with the device, but I'm curious why this seems to happen (and it's not the only time I've seen it).FB example.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes