Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned on watch face are different than on phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

New to this forum! So far I love the Blaze, however, not too pleased with it at the moment. I've noticed, over the past 3 days when I have worked out, my excercise isn't syncing correctly. It shows a different number of calories burned on the clockface than on the phone. This is after syncing, including after a manual sync. Also, it will show the amount of time worked out but when I look at the more detailed description, the number of minutes are off. For example, I worked out 58min (pretty hard) and it says 16 min (of 107 active minutes for the day-this number is correct-but it should say 58min of 107) and the watch face said I burned 480 calories but only 107 calories are showing up on the phone. I have restarted the fitbit twice. Like I said, this hasn't been an issue until the past few days. Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Thanks for your help!!

Ashley

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12
This just happened to me today for the first time with Spinning started from the Blaze...it calculated correctly on the watch when I hit "Done" but when it synced with the phone it got all the stats wrong. I hope this is a fluke and won't be a continuing problem.
Best Answer

I am having this issue too with my Fitbit Blaze.

I logged a 66 minute workout with the Blaze reporting I burned 447 calories with an average heart rate of 110 bpm.

The app is reporting I only burned 59 calories with an average heart rate of 96 bpm and with only 6 mins in the fat burn heartrate zone despite the HR chart showing I spent most of the time there (see screenshot).

I just looked on the website and it's showing correctly there. It seems to be an issue with the app only.

fitbit.PNG

Best Answer
I have this issue too with my Fitbit app.
The web dashboard is correct.
Best Answer

Wow, yeah, it's only incorrect in the app. Honestly, I didn't even look at the website (never occured to me to do so or that there was one, I solely rely on the app). I wonder if this is a bug that someone can fix? I think I may uninstall the app tonight and reinstall it. I will report back after my workout tomorrow 🙂

But, before doing that, do you think I will lose all the data that is currently there? Wouldn't be the end of the world, just curious.

Thanks for all the feedback! 

Best Answer

The data would not lose if you reinstall the app.

But it is still incorrect in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also noticed the details are wrong in the 'Activity History' section of the website (they match the incorrect values in the app) but if you visit the activity details page it is correct there.

activity history.png

fitbit app.png

Here are the correct details:

fitbit website workout.png

Best Answer
Hey Fitbit. Same here. Fix it.
To narrow it down, are we all Blaze users?
Best Answer
I am a Blaze user. I also noticed it showing incorrectly in the Activites section.

Does someone at Fitbit read these forums?
Best Answer
Annnd, I couldn't even test it today because when I did my morning workout, that was when the weird glitch occurred where the excercise shortcuts disappeared and I didn't notice until right before I started working out. That problem ended up being solved, hopefully not just temporarily.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem. So annoying. It will have the correct calories on my watch and then on the app it's about 1/3 of the calories burned. I noticed it happening yesterday. Is there anything being done about this Fitbit customer service?
Best Answer

Hi!

I just got the Blaze last week, the first few days it was fine and then recently the same thing started happening to me! It said I burned 19 calories during an hour lift yesterday! and 0 calories during my lift the day before.  When I do cardio I don't seem to have the same problem.  The numbers on the watch face, however, show the correct (I assume) calorie burn.  So strange! I would really like to know how to fix this!

Best Answer

My versa consistently shows less calories burned than the app does. In,my experience the app is most accurate. What's happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes