Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Blaze track without being on band?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to know if I can wear my blaze in my pocket instead of on the band. The steps are not tracking correctly. I did a one mile DVD yesterday and it only added about 800 more steps because some of the exercises my arms weren't moving. I have done over 10,000 a day for the last 3 weeks and only once has it shown that I did 5 miles.

Just was wondering if it would calculate my steps better if it were in a pant pocket.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The tracker is designed to be worn on the wrist, though since the Flex can also be placed in a pocket to keep tracking steps, it's possible the Blaze can to.

Have you been able to try carrying the Blaze in a pocket? Walking around, counting steps, and see how many steps the Blaze has counted?

Best to carry in a pocket which can be closed and not putting any other objects like keys in the same pocket.. Cat Embarassed

Note: Before placing in a pocket, consider turning the heart rate setting off (can be done on the Blaze), otherwise if wearing in a pocket.. with the setting to on or automatic it keeps trying measuring heart rate, leading to high false heart rate readings when not wearing on the wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get steps without wearing the Blaze.  I go to my local water and have a waterproof case I carry my Blaze in along with a few other items.  It tracks steps.  I'm wandering why everyone thinks you have to move your arms for your steps to count.  That's not true.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Gjones0130. @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner thanks for stopping by and the information provided. Woman Very Happy Regarding to your tracker, as mentioned the Blaze was designed to wear it on the wrist. You can use use on your pocket just be careful. About the accuracy inconvenience you are having, I recommend restarting your Blaze and test it. If the inaccuracy persists, feel free to contact our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via phone or chat.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes