Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I increase a step number ?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a streak of like 25 days in a row of hitting 10,000 steps.

Except this past Tuesday....with the short-changing of steps that I and others have noted, I finished with 9,947.

Here's the thing:  right around 11:59 PM, my alarm buzzed, I looked at my wrist, and I saw the outlines of that 10,000 Step Fireworks Cebreation icon that goes off.  So when I was walking/running to hit 10K, I immediately stopped (from exhaustion) assuming I had hit the 10K level.

There's no alarm that goes off at Midnight on The Blaze so it had to have been the 10,000 Celebration display.  So imagine my shock when 2 minutes later, my breath back, I check the data and it's 9,947.

Anybody got any ideas as to what happened ?  Can I manually adjust that 9,947 up to 10,000 ?   I really feel I hit the threshold and got cheated, first by the undercounting, then by getting that 10K Celebration display and then seeing the counter not match up with it.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Corvettekid, interesting question.  I have never tried adding an activity to a past day, but I expect you can.  Try it with a manual activity log.  However, it will not change your step count on your leaderboard, or for badges, lifetime totals, etc. so depending on what you hope to achieve, it might not help!

So sorry you lost those steps...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Yeah, it's not a big thing Julia...my count is at 2 after today. Smiley Happy

I was just SHOCKED that it was under 10K.  When I felt the buzz on my left-wrist and glanced at the watch and saw the outlines of the fireworks display (I was running at the time), I thought I had made it.

Probably less than 15 seconds later, the counter reset to 0 as midnight hit.

I have no alarms set for Midnight and the Blaze doesn't have anything go off at that time, so how I could get the vibration and see the celebration (I glanced at my watch; I was exhausted and still running !) is beyond me.

I really couldn't believe it was at 9,947.  It happened 2 other times during the streak and the numbers I ended up with (10,014 and 10,025) were both over the 10K threshold.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Corvettekid and @Julia_G it's great to have you here.  @Corvettekid  All Fitbit trackers will restart at midnight and as @Julia_G mentioned you can manually add an activity for the previous day and it will ad the steps. I tried it on my Online Dashboard and the steps where added for the previous day, just make sure you set the date for the day you want to add the steps as shown on the next image: 

Calendaractivity.png

Keep up the super stepping! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes