Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell my dongle and still use my blaze?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

After using a fitbit one for the past two years, I have just upgraded to a fitbit blaze. I'd like to try to sell my old one on Trademe - the one needs the dongle to sync but the blaze didn't come with an extra dongle. If I sell my old one + dongle, will my new blaze still be able to sync with my laptop or only my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry @tinychuck, your the only one that can answer your question.

Currently is your dongle in yhe laptop?  If it is not in the laptop and you can still sync your tracker, then you don't need the dongle.

If the dongle is in the laptop, then pull it out and see if yhe track tracker syncs.  If it does then yes you can setup the dongle. 

To sync without a dongle, you need to be running Win 10 with the Win 10 Fitbit app.  or Mac OS, and the computer needs to have built in Bluetooth.

You will need to do your own investigation here.

The Blaze can also sync through its charging cord.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @tinychuck and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I agree with our friend here, if you have to plug the dongle to the computer in order to sync, then you should keep the dongle. Now, if you only use your phone to sync your Blaze, you can sell it. But my recommendation here is to keep it. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer