Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I track GPS without phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my Fitbit Blaze connected on my tablet via the app can I still get my GPS coordinates? For my run without carrying my cell or tablet with me I live in South Africa that's not very safe.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry @Maryna007 your Blaze does not have a GPS, but uses tye GPS of a connected device. So yes you will need to carry your phonr or tablet, which will need tye Fitbit app and have a GPS.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Maryna007 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

Blaze have Connected GPS which works with your phone to deliver real time activity stats like distance and pace during outdoor workouts. Connected GPS requires a GPS enabled mobile device which means that you need to carry your phone with you in order to have the map information as mentioned our friend @Rich_Laue.

I hope this information works, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice wasted a lot of money the reason I needed gps is so that I didn't have
to carry my cell was mugged last October for my cell
Best Answer

@Maryna007, if the tracker was purchased through Fitbit you have a 45 day return policy. See the link found below.

If you would like Fitbit has a nice page to compare trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. Very disappointing. Been using the Surge and it has the built in GPS. I asked for the Blaze for Christmas, got it and figured out it does not have built in GPS. I will be returning it. Defeats the purpose if I have to carry my phone during my runs. 

Best Answer

Sorry your unhappy with your decision, @ChrisR2017 the fact that the Blaze uses connected GPS is well documented on the Blaze info page and the compare page

It sounds like you would be happier with the Ionic. It has built in GPS and 2.5 gig of memory. Your able to load up and listen to music through BT headphones, while tracking your run all without a phone.. Fitbit realizes that one tracker does not fit all. 

Failing to do a little research is not an excuse to be mad at Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought about getting a Surge on Ebay for the GPS, but it seems they don't have the newest sleep data.  With the other alternative costing me $100 more (Ionic), I'll just be wearing two watches and sticking with my garmin for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do I need to have the app on my phone to be able to use cgps and track my bike ride? 

I'm asking because for iphone the app requires ios v9 or higher, but older iPhones  (4,4s etc.) Still have older ios so app isn't compatible there

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you have a  starva account you are then able to link it to the fitbit account it should transfer the data automatically if that helps 🙂

@IsabelRider87 wrote:

Do I need to have the app on my phone to be able to use cgps and track my bike ride? 

I'm asking because for iphone the app requires ios v9 or higher, but older iPhones  (4,4s etc.) Still have older ios so app isn't compatible there

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you need the app for GPS on the Blaze. Without the app, you can still get calories, time, heart rate, but nothing like distance, average speed, or a map.  

Best Answer