Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I track my information with my wife's phone?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife would like to be able to tell where I am when I am running. Worry wart. Can her iPhone be used to track my Blaze?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No @artie102050 your wife will not be able to track your run live with her phone. The simple reson is that Fitbit does not offer this option.

Second reason is that if you dont have a phone with you Fitbit will only be able to track your steps and distance, not your location. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

No but do a search on apps on your phone there are many out there that will track you so she can see.

I have friends that use them but I do not know the names of them

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@artie102050your wife is a sweetheart!

@WendyBis right and there are all sorts of apps out there to keep tabs on the location of someone.

You'd need to have your smartphone with you, so your dear wife could keep track of you. Doing a quick search, what your wife needs is a phone tracker, which uses the GPS location to find you.

There are a variety of these apps, but you only need one for location and not the whole spy on my husband type thing. Some of these apps lets a person see everything on the phone, including texts, phone logs, images and more.

Let us know what you end up doing. It's nice to see your wife's concern in keeping tabs on you. Now if only my husband used a smartphone, I could keep track of him!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

The paid version of MapMayExrrcise will let your friends track you in real time. 

MapMyExercise/Walk/Hike/Run/Bike/etc are all the same comoany and basically the same spp, owned by Under Armor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @artie102050@WendyB@Odyssey13 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

Yes, you can use your wife's phone to track your exercise, you just need to carry with her phone to use her phone's GPS. Then just sync it and if you want you can show her your Dashboard to see the map together.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, like your husband, do not have a smart phone. My wife has a smart phone and I was wanting her to be able to track my blaze, using her smart phone, It sounds like that is not possible. Thanks for the follow up everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the follow up. What I am wanting to happen, if it is possible, is for me to wear my blaze and have it in the excersize/run mode, my wife to be at home with her I-phone and be able to see where I am on my run. Is that possible. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will check this out. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No @artie102050 your wife will not be able to track your run live with her phone. The simple reson is that Fitbit does not offer this option.

Second reason is that if you dont have a phone with you Fitbit will only be able to track your steps and distance, not your location. 

Best Answer
0 Votes