Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade my fitbit blaze to versa?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Does fitbit provide facility to upgrade to their new device. i would like to upgrade to versa from my blaze.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Unfortunately, fitbit do not offer a trade-in or upgrade service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From my experience,  they do not.  I have had horrible experience with the Blaze.  I've had it replaced 5 times in the last year because the battery stopped working.   Each time I asked to upgrade to Versa, but they could only give me $20 off.  (I can do better than that at Best Buy). I am now having trouble with my Blaze again  it just stops recording activity intermittently.   It has happened twice this week.  I reboot several times and it starts working again.  I've asked Fitbit to give me credit for what I paid toward a new device, but they refuse.  At this point I plan to switch to non-Fitbit device.  After 5 issues in less than a year.. I'm done.  Poor quality and extremely poor Customer service.  

Best Answer

I’ve had horrible experience with Fitbit customer service as well. My Blaze wouldn’t sync with my laptop, so I made the mistake of giving the person on the phone remote access to my computer. She moved around so fast and I couldn’t keep up with what she was doing and before I knew it, she had made a change and then rebooted it, saying that should take care of it and asked if there was anything else I needed. I thanked her and ended the call. But, my laptop didn’t come back on, instead it displayed the blue screen of death with a message saying that the boot driver was missing (or something similar to that). I had to take it to a repair shop and spend $89 to fix it and was without it for 2 weeks. Turns out my laptop doesn’t have Bluetooth capabilities, which I never realized bc my Fitbit is the first device I tried to sync with it. Then I had issues with my Blaze keeping its charge. All of this took place in the first 6 months of purchasing it. I will never buy anything directly from Fitbit again. Worst customer service and inspires absolutely no customer loyalty whatsoever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TaralGelot wrote:

Hi,

Does fitbit provide facility to upgrade to their new device. i would like to upgrade to versa from my blaze.  

No but you might be able to get a discount if you complain enough. However if you are having battery issues with the Blaze don’t expect them to be any better on the Versa. In fact the estimated battery life is worse then when the Blaze was new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same problem with the intermittent activity tracking this week, too - never happened before. A few days ago, my minutes were tracked but they didn't count toward exercise (even though I had definitely surpassed my daily goal and my heart rate was definitely high enough). Today, my exercise my minutes were tracked as exercise (with detail including minutes, heart rate, calories) in the app, but my the blaze itself shows NO minutes at all. 

I had the blaze replaced three times when I first purchased it a year ago because of the battery problems. I'm beginning to think that fitbit finds a way to ensure that devices stop working properly during sales so that I consider replacing it. 

The blaze really is the worst fitbit product and it was really discouraging to find out it had been discontinued just before I bought it (and I bought it directly from fitbit, not another retailer). I used to love fitbit, but the blaze (and the fact that fitbit didn't indicate they'd discontinued it on their own site and still sold it) makes me very sad. Smiley Sad

Best Answer

I walked with a friend today - we did a five mile walk.  My Blaze recorded over 4000 less steps than hers.  She has an Ionic.  The Blaze is a piece of JUNK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just finished 38:33 min of exercise - iit shows up in the app under exercise (including pace, distance, GPS tracking, etc.). 

Om the app stats for active minutes: 20 min. So the app dowsn’t agree with itself. 

Best Answer