Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Fitbit Blaze with iPhone 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit blaze pairs with my iPad, but not IPhone6. Tried all the usual switching on & off, Bluetooth on & off, cellular connection only, notifications are all on, delete app and re-download. The app on the phone is constantly searching for the blaze but never finds it to pair. Got the blaze yesterday & has never worked. Have searched on here but no suggestions work so far. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Helenfr. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm pretty sure this is happening because your phone is also paired with your iPad.

When it comes to  bluetooth connections, the Blaze creates a bond with the first device you pair it to making it unable to sync to another device simultaneously. If you try switching the bluetooth off on your iPad, you should be able to get it to show on your iPhone 6.

Now, if you'd like to receive notifications from your iPhone, I'd recommend pairing your Blaze to your iPhone as the primary device. For this, go to the account section on your iPad, tap on your Blaze icon at the top left corner, then scroll down to the bottom and hit the option that says "Remove this Blaze".

Then, go to the Account section on the app on your iPhone at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

After doing this, you can tap again on the icon of your Blaze at the top left corner, then go to Notifications and here, enable them. Keep in mind that if you'd like your tracker to sync with your iPad, you will need to turn the bluetooth off on your iPhone and vice versa and you can only receive notifications from one device at a time and in this case it will be from your iPhone 6.

Hope this helps and anything else you may need, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Hello @Helenfr when trying to connectt to the phone. Have you turned off the iPad, or moved a it at least 50 feet away, to make sure tracker is not still connected to it. 

Best Answer
It worked! Thanks very much for the advice.
Best Answer

Great to hear that @Helenfr! 😄

If you need anything else, let us know. We'll be glad to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

My Fitbit blaze was synced with my iPhone 6.  Now it will not sync.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes