Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use blaze in your pocket

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm looking to upgrade from the Flex. I work in a hospital and can't have anything on my wrist. I currently pop the tracker out of my flex and put it in my pocket for work. I know the tracker can also be removed from the blaze. Would it work if I put it in my pocket? I've looked at the clip on ones but they don't appeal to me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Whiplashy,

I believe that the Blaze will count the steps if you have it in your pocket (I haven't tried it myself, but have heard other folks who have tried it).  My concern is whether it will correctly calculate your calorie burn if you carry it in your pocket.  I was going to try it myself, but have not gotten around to it.

That said, Fitbit allows you to have multiple trackers paired to your account.  So you can use the Blaze when you're not at work and carry a Zip or One when you're at work.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hello @Whiplashy,

I believe that the Blaze will count the steps if you have it in your pocket (I haven't tried it myself, but have heard other folks who have tried it).  My concern is whether it will correctly calculate your calorie burn if you carry it in your pocket.  I was going to try it myself, but have not gotten around to it.

That said, Fitbit allows you to have multiple trackers paired to your account.  So you can use the Blaze when you're not at work and carry a Zip or One when you're at work.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer
Thanks @PureEvil
I didn't know you could have two devices on the same account. I'll try out the blaze in my pocket and if it's not counting the steps accurately I'll get a different device for work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Whiplashy,

Yup.  You may have one of each model paired to your account for precisely this reason.  I have a One, Surge, and Blaze all attached to the same account.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
I have a blaze and can't wear mine when I operate and at first I would pop it out and stick it in my sock against my skin but then I started tucking it inside my bra off tho the side. Works great and always a shock when I get a text or phone call!
Best Answer

I use Fitbit MobileTrack on my iPhone as my pocket tracker. You don't need to buy a Zip or One if you have a supported phone and keep it in your pocket.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi can you put your blaze tracker inside your bra for accurate heart & calories.  I wanted to check if it was safe with the chip & electrical device. Making sure it no risk of cancer etc 

Best Answer

@Yazzy786, safe compared to what? It will be as safe as it is while on the arm? Actually the radiation is very minimum, and a lot safer than your cell phone in the pockect is. 

As for safe from being lost, how secure would a bra be? As for heart rate, i don't  wear a bra so i can not try. The best way to find out would be to try it, does the heart rate get recorded?

Best Answer
Hi, it does record your heart rate & its stays put in your bra & it's does not fall out.
I just wanted check the device was same as using it on your wrist i.e. Yes radiation & would the sensor affect it with it been so close to my heart.
Thanku

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey there @Yazzy786! Just wanted to add something besides to what @Rich_Laue mentioned. In this case, I can't confirm that your information will be properly tracked because Fitbit Blaze was designed to be worn in your wrist. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey can I just ask if it worked in your pocket/on your belt loop after? And if so where did it work best. 

Im a student midwife and I cant afford to buy a new one, my blaze was a birthday present and I absolutely love it, but never thought about not being able to wear it when I go out on placement/start working soon. 

TIA. 

XXXX 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does work in your pocket but I find popping out the device and putting it in my bra or sock works better because you get heart rate too. You just get steps if it's not against skin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm constantly popping mine in my pocket. Tracks steps very accurately. As others have mentioned you won't get the heart rate reading for the times when it's in there, put I find it a lot more practical and secure than having it in bra or socks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have got the blaze and flex 2. 

I use the blaze for at home and gym and the flex 2 for swimming and work. As It fits perfectly around my ankle. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Sam_griff and thanks for the information provide about where you wear your trackers. I know many people that have this inquiry will find this helpful.

See you around. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Whiplashy.

I recently busted my band and decided to put it in my pocket. I have noticed that its the same.

cheers

Joel B

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please please dont. I already get pains in my wrist from i think the sensor inside or the bluetooth functionality. Please please don't put it in your bra or clothes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I take my Blaze out of the watch band and place it in my pocket and it counts my steps perfect. Plus it shows the true amount of activity. I have been doing this for over a year. I hope this helps.

Best Answer