Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant read text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze yesterday and love it.. but.. i can't read my text messages.. they show up but ot just says 'new message'. Nothing happens when I tap it. Pretty sure its probably a setting on my phone but dont know where to look.. I have a Samsung S7

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Are these instant messages or emails that your referring to @Sunflowers821

When setting up did you tell it to display full message? 

How does the notification look on the phones lock screen, this should be how it shows on the blaze 

What messaging app are you using? A few don't send the body. 

Best Answer

Its text messages - sms.. I think I have to go to T-Mobile abd have them help me with my phone settings.. my phone doesnt show the full message either! Thanks for replying 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and the same phone did you figure this out

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Its only telling me I have a text but not allowing me to read it

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Gcat1215! That's pretty weird, your Blaze should show you the notifications instead of just saying you have a new message. Please restart it and double check that you have all the requirements properly set.

Hope this helps!  Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
No, havent figured it out yet.. let me know if you do please.. 

Creative spelling possible - Sent from my mobile phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no luck ;(( I'm going to pop into my Verizon store to see if they might know

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I enabled messaging I had to tell Fitbit how to send the messages. At this time I had to say if I wanted the message or just the header. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't find where in the app it requests that. Can you guide me in the right direction

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I dont see that option either.. can you tell us where to find it. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! I would like you to make sure you're following this procedure to properly set your notifications with your phone. In case someone is getting the "new message" error, you may want to perform these steps: 

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message" 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
Thanks  but I don't have that option anywhere 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying @Sunflowers821! I've share your post with our Support team, they can continue assisting yo as you're not seeing the "preview message" option in your app. 

Hope this helps! Keep an eye in your inbox. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The option I had was when I first enabled notifications. I would have to disable, then enable to see the option again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine never gave me that option galaxy s7

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Sexysessions77! I would like you to confirm that you've properly set up the text notifications on your Blaze and Galaxy 7 by following these steps How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

If you're getting the same error message that some on this thread have had, you can try these steps: 

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Preview Message"

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it was helpful. I now see the full message on my Fitbit. Thank you so much

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread and it still just says "view messages" instead of showing who it is from, or the preview.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Sinc0027. Thanks for the details mentioned. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes