Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face won't change on my Blaze

Hi..I haven't changed my clock face for ages but got a new strap so thought I would try a new clock face on my blaze...I have tried changing the clock face on my android phone app and through the website but it just won't change...I have the phone app connected via bluetooth with blaze and blaze classic...it syncs ok...I have done a soft reset...left button and bottom right button...reset the phone app...I have tried everything but I just can't get the clock face to change...can anyone help please?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I've done some research on this.

Around June 2023 at the time they merged account management with Google, FitBit updated the FitBit App.  Since this update the syncing has only been one way.  Blaze->App. Notifications still work though, it's only settings. This means that any chances you make on your App will never make it back to the Blaze.  This sucks, because you can't set the date and time manually on the FitBit Blaze, so once the time is out of date it's essentially useless.

FitBit have denied any wrongdoing and are simply stating that the Blaze is an out of warranty item. Any tickets you log will eventually direct you to their store page to buy a new watch.

I look after my items.  I've got a pristine condition FitBit Blaze that is useless. I'll never buy a FitBit item again.  I've already sworn never to buy a Google WearOS watch again after Google did the same thing with the Moto 360 Sport watch.  I advise you to ditch FitBit and go to either Apple or Garmin as these manufacturers offer support for a long time.

EDIT: A bit more research on this and my findings are unbelievable!

I unpaired my Blaze from my Pixel 6 Pro and paired it to an iPhone 12 on my daughter's FitBit account. It works 100%. Everything syncs fine in both directions. The time and date syncs and I can change the clock face.

I unpaired it from the iPhone and back to the Pixel 6 Pro and it doesn't sync. The time is obviously correct now,  but changing the time zone doesn't work and I can't change the clock face so it's not syncing from the App to the Blaze again.

Other than the OS, the difference between the two configurations is the auth method. On the Android phone I've migrated my account to Google and on the iPhone the account is still a FitBit account.

The end result is:

Googles own ecosphere doesn't work. Google Android using Google's FitBit and Google auth will not sync with the FitBit Blaze

Apple's iOS using Google's FitBit with the original FitBit auth will sync with the FitBit Blaze.

This is entirely on Google and FitBit and it's something they can fix if they want to, because it's already working on iOS. A junior tech at the could confirm this is the case if they cared about their customers.

Best Answer

Thanks for your in depth reply...I own a pixel 6a and a very old iphone 5se for work and I can't try on that because the Fitbit app won't work on a phone that old...I will have to wait for my daughter to visit so I can try with her much newer iPhone....I will report how I get on once I have tried....thanks again for your reply

Best Answer

And I forgot to add I haven't merged my Fitbit account to a google account yet and it still doesn't work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, it is a shame to have a watch that you really like and have enjoyed to have the company just say to bad you can buy a new one and it will work……NOPE good bye Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK...my Blaze ran out of battery and after I charged it I couldn't update the time and date also so I took the plunge and bought a second hand (excuse the pun) Google Pixel 2 watch for £120 and so far I am very impressed with it....I connected it up to my phone and took out the free 6 month trial fitbit premium offer and guess what...I looked at my Blaze and it bloody updated the time and date but not the clock face lol...but for me its fine..I have a nice Pixel watch that works perfectly and the Blaze I can wear for when I play football so I can still record my steps etc...I hope you all get the problem fixed and thanks again for all the replies.

Best Answer
0 Votes