Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing the Blaze to the Charge HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'd be interested to know exactly what features the Blaze has that the Charge HR doesn't have.  Yes, the Blaze has a nice color screen, but what else does it do that I can't do with my HR?

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

I'm almost certain to miss some stuff out but I'll have a go anyway...

Connected GPS

Text/Calendar notifications (for Android and iOS users)

Fitstar workouts

Changeable bands

Edit: Music Control

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@BettyR This page might be helpful for comparing trackers: https://www.fitbit.com/compare

Aside from its display, Blaze offers Connected GPS, Calendar Notifications, and Music Control functions, which Charge HR does not.

Edit: Forgot one!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I'm almost certain to miss some stuff out but I'll have a go anyway...

Connected GPS

Text/Calendar notifications (for Android and iOS users)

Fitstar workouts

Changeable bands

Edit: Music Control

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure the Blaze doesn't have GPS.  That's pretty much the only difference with the Surge except for the color screen.

Best Answer

@Minishark

It has connected GPS but not built in GPS like the Surge.

Connect Fitbit Blaze with the GPS on your phone to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display.

Best Answer
The Charge HR has connected GPS too, so this is not really a new feature on the Blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, the Charge HR has no GPS at all. You have to use MobileRun in the app for that.

Mike | London, UK

Best Answer

@Minishark wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Blaze doesn't have GPS.  That's pretty much the only difference with the Surge except for the color screen.

Everything I listed above applies to the Surge apart from text notifications. (Edit: The Surge has music control but the Blaze offers more features than Surge currently supports)

Obviously, Connected GPS could be seen as a step down from the Surge embedded GPS while being a step up from the Charge HR no GPS. It's really a halfway house between the two.

Mike | London, UK

Best Answer
Thanks. I see other posts here comparing Mobile Run to connected GPS, and indeed it seems that connected GPS is an improvement.
Best Answer

For those of us who use stationary bike (i.e. spin classes) as our main form of exercise, is there any advantage to purchasing Blaze over Charge HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BettyR This page might be helpful for comparing trackers: https://www.fitbit.com/compare

Aside from its display, Blaze offers Connected GPS, Calendar Notifications, and Music Control functions, which Charge HR does not.

Edit: Forgot one!

Best Answer
Also I read that blaze has newer heart rate sensor for improved accuracy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

Aside from its display, Blaze offers Connected GPS and Music Control functions, which Charge HR does not.

@MatthewFitbit is it deliberate that calendar notifications aren't included on this list? I thought they were one of the headline Blaze enhancements.

Mike | London, UK

Best Answer

@Tablone Can you point to where you read that? My understanding is that Blaze uses the same HR technology found on Charge HR and Surge.

@MikeF Not an intentional omission - that is indeed another great feature!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I like the Charge HR better.  Yes, it is nice to have the notifications on my wrist, but being as I have to have the phone pretty nearby anyway, I could do without this feature.  Also, the Charge HR displayed phone calls, so really the only thing new are texts and calendar reminders.  I had the Charge HR for over a year and these are the features that I loved on it and I do not have with my Blaze:

• It isn't as easy to start the timer.  On the charge HR, one simply has to hold down the button on the side for 2 seconds and it starts tracking your workout.  On the Blaze, however, you have to scroll over to the exercise pane, then select whichever type of workout you are going to do and then hit play.  I love it being so easy on the Charge HR.  
  • Secondly, when I had the Charge HR on timer mode tracking my workout, I could see all of my stats for that workout.  For example, if I started my timer and ran for 30 minutes and I wanted to see how many steps I had in that workout, I could look at my charge HR and see that.  On the Blaze, if I haven't selected the right type exercise, then I may not be able to see that.  For example, if I choose Workout instead of Run, I can see Heart Rate and Calories.  I like to choose Workout all the time because I usually start my workout with 20-30 minutes of running and then do weight-lifting.  I do not want to restart my timer when I change what I am doing.
  • The charging of the watch is SOOO ANNOYING.  You have to pop the face out of the watch and put it in this little box to charge.  The Charge HR just plugs right into the back.
  • The screen is not sensative enough.  You have to tap the screen with your finger to move between menu prompts.  The Charge HR had just a little tap. The Blaze, I feel like I have to hit hard.  

There are only 2 things that make my like my Blaze better than the Charge HR.

• I can change the band.
  • It has FitStar workouts.  This feature is pretty neat.  It has workouts on your screen and even shows you the movements.  The downside to this is that there are only three, which is not enough.

All in all, I wish I had not gotten rid of my Charge HR.  Sometimes simpler is better and in this case it is.

Best Answer

Hello @andiepandie27 hope you are having a great day! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I really love the FitStar integration with the Blaze Heart

Hope to see you around more often! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wrote my post about it, your complaints are my complaints, i fell your pain so so much. And to mention the vibration, so weak, when the CHR wanted your attention, it got it!

**ahem** us for thinking this would be better...

Best Answer

@onthegrind thanks for taking the time to visit this thread and share your opinion about the Blaze. Just remember to follow the Community Guidelines so we can maintain a pleasant and collaborative environment!

Thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
ok mom
Best Answer