Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuing Iphone Sync Problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The subject line says it all.  All was generally OK until the update prior to the most recent one.  Now, the Blaze connects only rarely or not all to my Iphone 6.  Constant restarts of the Blaze fixes the problem temporarily, but sometimes need to restart the app and the Blaze a few times before there is a connection. I tried removing the Blaze and starting over.  No help.  I also use a One and that syncs perfectly everytime.  Anyone else?  Ideas?  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

My Blaze is syncing with my iPhone 6s.  I am not a Blaze expert but I have had iPhones for a long time and experineced bluetooth issues from time to time which defy explanation.  I am sure you have tried a lot of things so some of this may be redundant.  Have you tried deleting your Blaze from bluetooth and resetting your iPhone by holding the home and power button at the same time until you see the apple.  Once restarted then making the bluetooth connection with the Blaze again?  When I have had strange bluetooth issues with iPhones I have had success with this process.  

Best Answer
0 Votes