Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting steps in my sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wore my blaze for the first time last night and when I woke up it said that I burned 450 clories and had about 100 steps. I am hoping to get these stats as accurate as possible so I am wondering if there is a way to delete the steps and settings to change to ensure that it won't count steps in my sleep anymore.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Wouldn't you be surprised if you had burned 0 calories in your sleep?

The steps are likely your tossing and turning during a night's sleep - probably nothing you can do about it. It doesn't bother me in the overall scheme of things when I aim for 15 to 18k steps per day.

Every tracker will report a different step amount.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The calories burnt are your BMR, as stated indirectly above these are the calories your body burns at idle, just to keep the engine running.

Yes of 0 calories where burnt you would not be reading this.

Best Answer

Hello @Mzaps welcome to the Fitbit Community! The value that you see on your tracker when you wake up in the morning is your estimated calorie burn for the day so far. You still burn calories even if you are sedentary or sleeping. We estimate your calorie burn based on your age, gender, height, and weight. If your tracker measures heart rate, the calorie burn estimate also takes heart rate into account. Your tracker may register movements or restlessness as steps when you're wearing it while you sleep. The number of steps typically measured during these periods is minimal, and should not offset your overall fitness progress. 

You can also review if your tracker's sensitivity to movements, The sensitive setting will cause your tracker to record nearly all movements as time spent awake. This setting may be helpful for users with sleep disorders, or those who wear their tracker somewhere other than the wrist while asleep. The normal setting counts significant movements as being awake (such as rolling over) and is appropriate for most users.

@Rich_Laue and @Fosse66 thanks for your amazing cooperation! 😉 

Hope this helps! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue for a while too. Woking up in the morning just to see no less than 100 steps taken while asleep! Am I lunatic??

Perhaps its funny solution, but I always use an app called "Drivebit" or "Travelbit". I just press the Start button before go to bed and then Stop once fully woke up. The result - no more extra steps in the morning

Best Answer
0 Votes