Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple of problems with Blaze - is this normal?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Mostly my Blaze is great, but I have a couple of problems that are recurring.

1. I have to restart my tracker every few days to get it to reconnect to my phone via Bluetooth. I generally realise the app hasn't updated for a while, check my phone and get a "cannot connect" notice. After I restart the Blaze it works just fine. But it's a bit annoying to have to go through this ritual every few days.

2. If I start recording a run on the Blaze, it seems to drop the tracking at some random point on my run and not record after that point, which is deeply frustrating when I find out at the end of my session, 40 minutes later. The fix seems to be tracking the run via the app on my phone, but given that I should be able to do it via the tracker only, it's a bit annoying to have to use this workaround.

So... yeah. Does this sound familiar to you guys? Is it unusual behaviour indicating a possibly faulty unit? Are there any fixes I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance,

Mat

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No and maybe. 

Recently for the first time in months I had to restart the Blaze. 

When tracking a run, are you using the connected GPS and carrying the phone? The tracker will buzz if the GPS is lost. Heavy cloud cover may affect GPS, I also find that if my phone doesn't have enough released memory free the GPS has problems. Since I have an Android phone which requires a restart, like all Androids do, at least once a week, if it doesn't connect I swipe unused apps from memory and do a restart. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich, appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I understand about cloud cover and GPS. Just to clarify, the issue doesn't seem to be the GPS on my phone, but rather whether I use my phone (Fitbit app) or my Blaze tracker to start the tracking.

If I use the phone, it consistently tracks my whole run. If I use my Blaze, it consistently drops.

It's a weird one.

Also, when I need to reconnect my Bluetooth connection, I have also tried restarting my phone, but it consistently seems to be the Blaze that needs to be restarted in order to clear the problem.

Thanks again for your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes