Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just purchased a Fitbit blaze and the screen cracked in the upper left corner. I call customer service and was told they do not cover there glass for repair. I need some advice on how to get it fixed and has anybody gotten one fix before.
Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14
Was the screen cracked when the Blaze came out of the box? I don't see enough Indio to work with from your comment.
Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I know you would need to purchase a new Blaze since they don't fix the screen unfortunately. I use a screen protector for this reason and make sure to be careful not to put it into the charger wrong.

How did it crack?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know I looked at it this morning and it was cracked. I didn't notice it yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No it cracked a week after I got it. I might be able to find somebody to replace the glass for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Sargent@Rich_Laue and @fudge22 thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink I recommend contacting our Support Team one more time since they have to offer a solution for you. You can contact them via phone or chat for a faster response. 

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you all for your replies. I took the watch back to the military exchange and the store exchange it with an new one, no questions asked. I was hoping to get the same service from Fitbit but didn't. I like the product and I haven't given up on them. Maybe I called on a off day.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It's great to hear that you now have a new tracker @Sargent and that it is working properly. I apologize for the experience you had with customer support. 

Enjoy your new tracker! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
I have literally had my blaze for less than 30 days. I was told that the blaze had gorilla glass and no need for screen protector. So I had a bike accident and the blaze is all scratched & cracked. I called support and they said I had to buy another one. Of course with a 25% discount. Well sorry I do not have money to replace. Does anyone know if I would use tempered glass replacement screen and a new watch housing and band. Could that work? If anyone has any different ideas please forward!! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bikingmamma wrote:
I have literally had my blaze for less than 30 days. I was told that the blaze had gorilla glass and no need for screen protector. So I had a bike accident and the blaze is all scratched & cracked. I called support and they said I had to buy another one. Of course with a 25% discount. Well sorry I do not have money to replace. Does anyone know if I would use tempered glass replacement screen and a new watch housing and band. Could that work? If anyone has any different ideas please forward!! Thanks!

Having been in a few bike crashes myself, I'm not sure that it's reasonable to expect any device to hold up under those circumstances, particularly with the Blaze's screen being as exposed as it is. In one, I cracked a helmet--just to illustrate the type of impact that can occur. I'm sorry this happened to you, and hope you (and your bike) are not too severely injured.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried a tempered glass protector and that shattered. And scratched the edges of my tracker. Waste. Maybe a plastic one might be good for at least scratch protection
Best Answer
On one accodentIi had $300 repair bill to my bicycle, the manufacturer dod not want to replace the bike, and i could not get his insurance to pay.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told the same thing. I only had mine a week. And the top left corner cracked. Called customer service after reading they had replaced someone else's online and was told they couldn't help me. The guy was polite maybe not fully knowledgeable on company policies on the issue. He had to ask a manager. Hopefully if I have any other problem they will be able to help. I had to take it back to the store I got it from and they exchanged it for me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is what I did. Fitbit would not replace the screen.... I did a $30 fix. I got tempered glass and a new watch band (off brand) from Amazon. Because the watch still works it just looked bad all banged up. The screen is pretty clear with 3 cracks. The functionality of the screen is even better with the tempered glass. So if this happens to you and you can not afford to buy a new Blaze. This can be a fix until a: your watch stops working or b: you save enough money to buy a new one. Thanks for all the feed back!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, could you point me at the specific tempered glass product you bought from amazon?

Best Answer
0 Votes