Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between "HR On" and "HR Auto"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

FitBit Blaze Heart Rate setting has 3 options: "Off; On and Auto".  Off is obvious, but what is the difference between on and Auto? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Uncle_Lui Auto turns the heart monitor off when no pulse is detected,  like when it is charging or sitting on the counter. If there is a change in light youll see a flicker to check if a pulse is now available.

As for on, yes this means always on, mainly for those that the auto doesnt keep the HR goung, even while on the arm.

Of course the coolest way to determine this is to be your iwn detective, and test each setting.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Uncle_Lui

the difference between the two is that in just leaves the hr on all the time, whereas auto will turn it on and then when say your blaze gets low it will turn it off to save battery power 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Uncle_Lui Auto turns the heart monitor off when no pulse is detected,  like when it is charging or sitting on the counter. If there is a change in light youll see a flicker to check if a pulse is now available.

As for on, yes this means always on, mainly for those that the auto doesnt keep the HR goung, even while on the arm.

Of course the coolest way to determine this is to be your iwn detective, and test each setting.

Best Answer

My heart rate setting is apparently on. That causes the Fitbit to determine that I am asleep. It then adds that to the previous night's sleep. I wish I could find the setting. In a previous post the Jogger provided a link but I still couldn't find the setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes