Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance logged extremely inaccurate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello, I want to find out about a problem that I got today with my Blaze. I walked for 2.3 km. And on my dashboard it is showing me a distance covered 39 km. Plus the it also shows the map location as if my daughter had colored the map all over. I wish I could add a screen shot in this message so that people at fitbit may also have a look. It's been almost a week now that I have bought this fitbit blaze. The other distances logged were ok. But this is over board. Could it be a fact that I was also running S health along?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you have Location enabled or was the GPS based off of wifi? The Blaze gets the GPS information from your phone so your phone would be the one causing the issues. Try checking your phone location settings and try restarting your phone and then go for another run and see if it works as expected.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8
On some of my hikes I have used both S-Health and the Blaze using Connected GPS without any issues. I did this to verify the distance and they both matched. The recorded maps were also identical.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Android 6.0.1, Fitbit Blaze (17.8.401.3)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have Location enabled or was the GPS based off of wifi? The Blaze gets the GPS information from your phone so your phone would be the one causing the issues. Try checking your phone location settings and try restarting your phone and then go for another run and see if it works as expected.

Best Answer

My Blaze GPS distance is usually off by a least 1/4 mile on bike rides.  It used to be dead on with my Garmin until that last update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help. I will try Fudge22's advice first before blaming the device. 😁😉😉. I was also running the fitbit app running option, fitbit blaze exercise mode and in it the running mode plus S Health's running application. So I think all three had an effect. I will try to use blaze alone or with S health but not the fitbit app running option with them. I think I over did. Hahaha. Thanks for the help once again. If I get any problems I will come back again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Relying on just the blaze - no GPS, no app - registered my 5km walk as 3.2km. It's always inaccurate but today's really is the worst I've seen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please remember @AnnaVer that without the GPS your Blaze has no way to measure distance. It needs rely on steps counted and your stride setting

You say you know you went 5K, fitbit has given you a step count for this walk. 

The rest is easy distance / steps = stride leangth.. Now input this into your settings. The link above will explain how to do this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked 3 miles the blaze said I walked 5.91

I counted 10 paces 5 times and recorded 11 steps 

I counted 100 steps 3 times got readings 122, 133,99

I have been having this problem every since I got blaze for xmas gift

I also noted pushing a shopping cart gives no steps,  turning a wrench gets 1 step for every 10" of travel

Best Answer
0 Votes

I walked 3 miles the blaze said I walked 5.91

I counted 10 paces 5 times and recorded 11 steps 

I counted 100 steps 3 times got readings 122, 133,99

I have been having this problem every since I got blaze for xmas gift

I also noted pushing a shopping cart gives no steps,  turning a wrench gets 1 step for every 10" of travel

Best Answer
0 Votes