Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does connected GPS have much impact on Blaze battery life?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've currently got a Surge and am very happy with it. However, I occasionally take part in ultra walking events of 100km and the like and the battery life of the Surge while using GPS is nowhere near good enough to track these events. Instead, I've been using Strava on my iPhone which in turn is kept charged by a meaty power pack.

I was initially sceptical of the omission of built-in GPS on the new Blaze but then considered that the implementation of connected GPS (and the associated benefit to battery life) may mean that it's just what I'm looking for.

That said, I'm assuming that using the Blaze for a connected GPS activity does have some sort of impact on its claimed battery life of 5 days? I'm guessing that there is a lot more exchange of information with the smartphone via Bluetooth and that surely that will drain the battery faster?

To cut a long story short, is there anyone in the know who could tell me if the battery capacity of the Blaze would allow me to track a walking activity taking upwards of 24 hours through connected GPS?

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@Rich_Laue wrote:

On the phone, with new battery, i  abrely get 2 hours of GPS. 

@Rich_Laue help me understand, rearranging your exact words it sure looks like:

- barely get 2 hours of GPS

- on the phone

- with new battery

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes