Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Exercise Type

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

When I go into my Blaze just before  workout I choose one of the exercise settings which I have now set at "workout, weights, bike, hike and walk".

When I access the app to look at my workout, say, on it I notice I can change what workout type of workout it was/is ie. alter exercise type.  However, the type of workouts I do aren't listed within the app itself.  I've go to my dashboard online and I don't see a way to edit the exercise types with the workout "categories" per se.

I do P90X workouts and there is one, Cardio X, listed.  How do I add workouts and resistance days into the exercise type list so that I can track what I do?

I'm freewheeling a bit on it now before starting a program as I've been out of working out due to an injury excuse I was using.   I'm back now and would like to edit these fields.

Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you here @RobSaxe. You are right, there isn't any option in the app to change your workout type to "P90X workouts", but you can create custom activities by doing the following from a computer:

1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you here @RobSaxe. You are right, there isn't any option in the app to change your workout type to "P90X workouts", but you can create custom activities by doing the following from a computer:

1. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/activities to see your activity log. Start typing in the search box under 'Log Activities".
2. Enter any physical activity you find yourself doing often.
3. After adding the activity, there will be the option to customize the activity via duration, distance (if applicable) start time and calories.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I noticed when I went in to do this that Cardio X was an exercise I had added.  Is it possible that these show up in the exercise type menu?  

I've added a couple to it so I'll check and see then report back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that actually does work.  When you add a custom activity, it adds that activity to your list of exercise types.

So yes there is a way to edit exercise types and add my P90X workouts to the list of exercise types.  This way when I add it to the app on my phone, I can select what I actually did and then know where I am.

That said, the "weights" selection in app isn't editable to change it from just weights to chest and shoulders for instance.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Hoping to pick your brain just a bit deeper on this. Do you know if the edit activity type is only working from the phone app?  On the dashboard there is an edit activity type option but it doesn't seem to change the entry after I do that.  I was going to start another topic regarding the issue but this is really close to what I have going on.

Thank you in advance,

RAHammers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do it from my computer but quite honestly I didn't attempt it from the app.  I had to poke around a bit to find a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar question.  I have a treadclimber. It's similar to a treadmill, but each foot has its own treadmill and each goes up and down when walking. Since I hold on when I walk, my fitbit doesn't recognize most of my steps. So, I manually add the exercise when I'm done. But I can't sync the exercise. In the app, when I select Track Exercise, I go to the log. The closest exercise I can find to what I do is "Stair-treadmill ergometer, general."  Once I add the parameters i get out and go to Track Exercise again. There is an entry that says "(not synced) Stair-treadmill ergometer, gen...., 40 min, 367 cals." When I click on the entry, there is an error message on the next screen "Try again to sync." Once I press that message, it still never syncs and I never get credit for the exercise.  All of that to say, how do I sync an exercise that I manually input?  I appreciate any help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @VernieD, i had to look up tread climber. 

Ok you say that you manually add stairclimber through the app, im not sure why the exercise is not syncing. I dont think it requires to also sync the tracker, but  why not use the stairclimber function right on the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes