Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical Mode on Blaze not accurately tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit Blaze in hopes to encourage myself to take more steps. I've started to use an elliptical machine to avoid impact while still getting exercise. However, the Blaze does not accurately track steps on the elliptical, even after selecting Elliptical under exercise.The Blaze accurately measures steps on a treadmill, which eliminates not having forward progression as a reason.

Why doesn't this setting have the tracker calculate steps based on the elliptical motion? Instead, it tracks half the steps (for every 2 steps on the elliptical, it tracks 1 step) and calculates a distance from it, which is usually half as well. Why even have a setting for elliptical if it's not going to work correctly?

I am rewarded by my company based on steps taken, so I need to figure out how to correct this issue and get credit for my steps taken. Please help!

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

If your a female, I've had luck wearing it in my bra or attached to the strap and it tracks my elliptical movement.  My new elliptical has a odd stride and I think that's why it doesn't pick it up ( no style fitbit has. I've had multiple ones)

now, my old elliptical had no problem with my Fitbit. But this Nordic track one...just doesn't recognize the arm movement...even if I attach it to my shoe. 

Ive tried my bra recently and it does overcount my steps a bit. But it's better then missing out on half !! 

Best Answer

Hey there @Bunnybear_05 @TX_Platano! Great to see you both in the Fitbit Community! 🙂

@TX_Platano, you might want to take a look at this post regarding the usage of your tracker while you're using an elliptical machine. You may see it here.

Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes