Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise not counting towards active minutes on my Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello!
I got my Blaze in the mail yesterday and I'm loving it so far! However, I used the exercise tracker this morning for my weights, and while it logged it as exercise on my dashboard, it didn't count towards my active minutes. I had a Charge before and when I would manually log my exercise through my dashboard, it would count as active minutes. Why does it not count all of the sudden? I don't like that as I was active for that time period!

Thanks in advance!
Brittany
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

When you manually log something, the Fitbit servers take a guess at the level of activity involved and log a reasonable estimate at the number of active minutes involved in the activity. With the Blaze actually monitoring your heart rate, however, you now have something taking an active measurement of your real level of activity.

Expecting both methods to come up with the same answer is perhaps a little unreasonable given that one is based on a generic level of activity assigned to a theoretical person in a computer model while the other is based on the actual activity that you did for the time in question.

The real question is why very little was logged for your activity today and I'm afraid that without having been there and worked out just how active you were, all we can fall back on are the generic answers that 'a certain level of activity is required to count as an active minute so perhaps you weren't being active enough'.

Sorry I can't come up with something more helpful.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer