Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Weird Menu/Syncing Issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

So, my original Blaze that I had for about 2 months or so (pre-ordered from fitbit.com) is currently in the mail back to Fitbit while I await a replacement from them (thanks, guys!). I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem. If not, this will be here for someone else to find if it does happen to someone else in the future.

Essentially what happened was that I was minding my own business, sitting, when I felt my Blaze vibrate. I looked down and saw that it was resetting itself. It took a VERY long time to boot back up and when it did, it was behaving very oddly.

I had menu options that were missing - specifically, the Exercise and FitStar menus were gone and I was left only with the watch face, Today, Timer, Alarms, and Settings menus. Shutdowns did not fix this and neither did multiple factory resets (hold power + bottom right buttons). The device also refused to sync, even if I deleted and re-added it from my account/device. I even did a firmware update that came through while doing this and nothing helped.

Customer service had no idea what was going on (it is a very weird problem), and as I said, is sending me a new one, which is great.  However, I am disappointed because I've really enjoyed my Blaze (and before that, my One for many years) and this experience has somewhat damped my enthusiasm.

But mostly, I'm sad because this happened on vacation and my 25,000+ steps a day did not sync! 😛 Anyone else experience this or something similar?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @KisaraKaiba, hope you are having a great day! 🙂 I haven't heard of any report about the issue you experienced with your Blaze, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm glad to know customer support took care of your issue and replaced your tracker.  

Let me know how it goes with the replacement! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer