Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO: Developers Heart rate alarm during exercise on Blaze.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Blaze - max heart rate alarm with vibration - is this possible please? Thank you!

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

There is a ton of research that says staying in a max heart rate of 180 minus your age for up to 8 weeks of training can train your metabolism to use fat as a fuel. This has been around since the 70's. Look at Mark Sissions, Brad Kearns, Dr. Dom D'agostino, Dr. Chris Kressor and their work on fat burning and the ketogenic diet. 

Best Answer
Exactly! That is why I am asking for FitBit to make this happen! Too
late though! I am changing trackers to Garmin due to difficulties Win10 &
Android app losing workout data - was why I returned Ionic within 7days -
that & fact the **ahem**ed thing gave up the cost & would not restart after 3rd
charging. Keep it frosty peeps!
Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this SOLVED? Solved would be instructions and update that would allow you to do it! This has been talked about for two years, That's enough time to have done the software update and released it if Fitbit was will to do it. I see no solution how to set a heart rate alarm here - Now That would be a solution!

Best Answer

Apparently the original poster felt that was the best answer. 

I would have thought it would be better to add my vote to one of the feature suggestions that was mentioned. The Feature board is where the developers look to see what the users would like to be implemented. 

The community board is where your fellow Fitbit users help each other out, this request is most likely not something the typical Fitbit user will be able to fix. I think adding votes and getting the request noticed by the developers might be more productive. 

Best Answer

Hi Dasboos,

In the absence of seeing any progress from Fitbit on these requests for enhancement to  audio and visual Heart Rate alarms, have you started to develop the product you envisaged to fill this gap in Fitbit functionality ?

Thanks,

'Wotnobleep'

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dasboos Have you created that device? I have a chronic illness that requires me to keep my heart rate below a certain threshold...as well as a whole community of friends who would love this. Let me know.

Fitbit developers, this should be an easy option to include for those that not only want it, but need it. Thanks.

Best Answer

Fitbit are probably aware people are using this device to monitor longcovid fatigue and Post Exertional Malaise which means staying within a smaller range of HR than unaffected people. They would be daft not to add this feature. 

Best Answer