Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEATURE REQUEST: Ability to turn of step recording for activities synced from strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use strava for cycling and I assumed that the fitbit would ignore steps recorded during the strava synced activity. As others have mentioned here some people want steps to be counted, others not (I would personally prefer not as I feels like double counting). 

Could this be added as a simple toggle switch in the options? Also what happens if I use both fit bit and strava on my phone to record the same activity both as "bike" for example. Does it double count the activity or delete/ignore one of them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @mint_dulip, for information on syncing with Strava, please see here.  For turning off step counting, you might want to vote for this popular feature request.

The Fitbit biking world seems to be divided between those who want biking to count their steps and those who don't!  But a "driving mode" that turns off step counting would do the trick for you.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any Strava record that syncs to Fitbit is entered as a manually entered exercise, and treated as such. So wjat does that mean, the data from Strava will overide your trackers data. This actually could be good if you feel Stravas distance is more accurate than Fitbits. The steps durring this time will however not sync to the challenges.

There is another way to look at things.

Track your wokouts on the Blaze. As long as you sync before you hit stop on the watch, your heart rate will also be synced to Strava.

Best Answer