Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on Blaze from 18 month user

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to start a thread on my feedback on the Blaze after using it for over 18 months.  I purchased it as a semi-smart watch (all I need) to loosely track exercise.  I weight-lift, yoga, run, and do plyometrics.  I believe the Blaze to be up-to-date on its firmware and iPhone app.

Syncing: Syncing issues like everyone else, as there is a whole large thread on the issue.  If I don't manually sync, it seems to loose contact with the iPhone (6s).  Texts and call announcements are very sporadic and inconsistent.  This is really the achilles heel of the product.

Travel: I travel quite often for work, and the Blaze rarely seems to update to the new timezone.  Usually I have to restart the iPhone app and reboot the Blaze.  Maybe if syncing were better this would not be an issue, but I feel that checking the time is done very infrequently.

Quick view: I have turned "quick view" off, but the Blaze still comes on when there is wrist motion, or possibly brushing up against the pillow with the screen.  This has stopped me from using it at night as my wife complains about the light from the display (which does not seem to take light level into account so I assume that it has no sensor).  Sleeping was a valuable piece of information provided, so I do miss this.  I would suggest to fix the "quick view" mode, or add a "night mode" where the Blaze will NEVER display unless a button is pressed.  It can automatically be enabled when it detects that you are sleeping, or during certain time ranges (10pm - 6am).

I don't need a sophisticated "smart" watch.  As I said I think the Blaze is a semi-smart watch with the features I want (exercise tracking, HR, sleep monitoring, text and caller alerts) and I love the battery life.  I would like to upgrade to the latest, but I sincerely doubt that these problems have been fixed so have postponed my decision for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A warm welcome to the Community @firemagius and thanks for your feedback.

I would like to know if you have visited the Forums before to follow some troubleshoot? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the following links and follow the instructions provided there:

• Having trouble syncing?, for the syncing issues you are experiencing. 
  • About the timezone, I would recommend having the all day sync option on, so the tracker can sync automatically. Also, verify that the timezone is correct in the device you are using to sync, in this way the Blaze will show the time that the device has.
  • About quick view, I think that your idea is great. Please take a look at the Turn off quick view when I'm sleeping (or at customizable times) aka 'Night Mode' request, vote for it and leave your comment.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes