Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling ripped off after buying fit blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got the fitbit blaze as a present and i feel my family have been ripped off. I asked for a device that would track my exercise and goals but i have found that this does neither. The info the watch gives you is totally wrong so is therefore is the app. It counts steps and distance whilst driving. Therefore calories are wrong. I have downloaded drive app but why should i have to. It's supposed to a accurate exercise tracker that at a glance you can track your progress that's also a watch but feel like it's only useful purpose is telling the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I can't say much about other activity trackers however here's my 2 cents.

I feel like this is an issue with all trackers no matter the brand. I imagine the action of taking a step and hitting a slight bump in the road most likely triggers the same sensor. The GPS tracking may help eliminate some of this, especially when the car is at higher speeds. Though there comes a point when a fast runner could be like a car depending on the road/neighborhood.

Because of that fact I don't use the metrics as 100% accurate, more like general progress. 

If you want something that is more accurate, only wear a tracker when you exercise and use the app for tracking goals and calories. Yes, this might mean you're better off using one of the clip on fitbits instead of one that's also a smart watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Riolyne is correct, in that the problem with driving originates with the road and how firm the suspension is. 

Yes this is a problem with every tracker on the market including the AW, which just as many complaints may be found about driving. 

I will have to search, or you can @Tydfilly14 there is a feature repeat for a driving mode on the tracker itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes