Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze not tracking heartrate accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

16836569_10154391471986915_6423979368596666062_o.jpg

Anyone know what to do to make the Fitbit blaze measure heartrate more accurately. When I self count (which I did several times today checking), my counting is in line with what my bike says (above you can see the Blaze says 61 while my bike shows 124). My resting heart rate while sleeping is 72; so, 61 really shouldn't be possible while in the middle of exercising.

I noticed yesterday it said my average heart rate was 69 while biking (no way this was the case). When my bike says anything over 130 and I check the heart rate isn't even showing up on the Blaze half the time- at one
point my bike said 137-143 and I self counted 35 beats in 15 seconds- so, in line with the bike, but Blaze said 107.

I've tried restarting, I switched wrists, tightened, loosened, put it on so the watch face is on the underside of wrist... Everything I can think. The watch is fully charged right now.

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

I haven’t seen one yet. I wish they would though because I would love to get a more accurate reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We pay good money for your product and if we have to worry about the position of your versa Fitbit to get a true heart rate it is a waste of our money. You need to fix the issue and send a update or refund your customers for your crap product. I work out every day and I have to worry about my heart rate cause I never know if it is true or not!! I will never recommend this product! Customer service is your job so please fix it or refund us!!!!!

Best Answer

My Blaze is absolutely rubbish, never gives me an accurate reading except when totally rested. It is a scandal that Fitbit allow this to happen and ignore it hoping it will go away. I will never buy your products again and neither will any of my family or friends. Hang your heads in shame for you have taken large amounts of cash from people for a product that simply does not work. Is that not illegal?

Best Answer

I have tried three Versas and they all failed to track the heart rate correctly. I moved the watches up and down on my wrist and it did not help. As soon as I start jogging my heart rate steadily races all the way up to 180 bpm and stays there until I finish jogging where it should have been around 90. I have not decided whether I should try a few more or not.

Best Answer

Seeing the same thing now with my versa. Resting in bed it shows 140/160 range. I don't hit that unless Im really pushing hard ! 

Might be time for a warranty replacement on mine !

Best Answer

They’ll make you think it is your fault and that you are wearing it wrong. They just won’t gix the problem. 

Best Answer
I think they know about the problems. Otherwise, they would have approached me to find more about the problems I had.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Did you get any ideas for fixes from anyone?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s absurd as everyone above has said. I Bought this product for the sole purpose of it providing accurate HR.

if it can’t do what it says on the tin then we have all been well and truly shafted.

Fix or software update ASAP pls 

Best Answer
As I am looking for a new tracker, since I’ve had it it with all of the problems with the Blaze, I noticed that they don’t sell the Blaze anymore. It’s only available if you find a third party seller. 🤨

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I didn't. Other complaints, mainly.

Best Answer

I am getting two dashes Only on my heart rate, just started doing this a month ago. Any solutions to this?

Best Answer

I don’t think you can find any smart watch regardless of price which will give you consistently an accurate heart rate. For a more reliable heart rate, you will have to find a good chest belt along with good monitor.

Update:

No, I did not.

Update:

Sorry, I do not have any clue. You should ask the Fitbit tech crew. I think they are supposed to be experts.

Best Answer
But it worked up until a month ago. Accurate or not, at least I was getting heart rate. Now I get two bars. Is there a reset?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Nice to see you in the Community @JohnMacK@sethington@mollysmom2@Fatboyslimjim@DouglasL and @LDRoot! For all who still have issues with the heart rate tracking, I suggest to do the following steps:

1. Restart your tracker. (How do I restart my Fitbit device?)
  2. Go to the device settings of your online dashboard.
  3. Under the option "heart rate" set the setting to "off".
  4. Sync your tracker.
  5. Set the setting back to "On" or "Automatic".
  6. Synchronize the tracker again.

If this should not help to resolve the issues with the heart rate reading, please let me know.

Have a wonderful day! 

Marcel | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Welche Musik hört ihr bei welchem Training?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Done this and no spikes on my 6klm walk today as opposed to other days.
Will give it a week and see, previously spiking at 168 bpm for no good
reason.

Peter.
Best Answer
I gave up on my Fitbit. After fighting with its on again off again heart rate and battery for more than a year I gave up and bought a Garmin. We’ll see.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Yes mine is acting up again, good luck with the Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for reporting again @fastnet and @mollysmom2! I am happy to hear that your Blaze tracker, @fastnet, is acting up again.

@mollysmom2 I am sorry to hear that you gave up on your Blaze. I hope that in the future you might decide again for a Fitbit product.

I wish both of you an relaxing weekend! Man Happy

Marcel | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Welche Musik hört ihr bei welchem Training?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I will never buy another Fit Bit product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes