Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze not tracking heartrate accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

16836569_10154391471986915_6423979368596666062_o.jpg

Anyone know what to do to make the Fitbit blaze measure heartrate more accurately. When I self count (which I did several times today checking), my counting is in line with what my bike says (above you can see the Blaze says 61 while my bike shows 124). My resting heart rate while sleeping is 72; so, 61 really shouldn't be possible while in the middle of exercising.

I noticed yesterday it said my average heart rate was 69 while biking (no way this was the case). When my bike says anything over 130 and I check the heart rate isn't even showing up on the Blaze half the time- at one
point my bike said 137-143 and I self counted 35 beats in 15 seconds- so, in line with the bike, but Blaze said 107.

I've tried restarting, I switched wrists, tightened, loosened, put it on so the watch face is on the underside of wrist... Everything I can think. The watch is fully charged right now.

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Hey @mollysmom2! I understand your decision and if you need any further help in the future please contact the Community again. 

Have a nice day! 

Marcel | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Welche Musik hört ihr bei welchem Training?
Best Answer
0 Votes

The software is all kinds of jacked up with the New Fitbit products it seems from what I’ve been reading. I just got the Versa for Christmas and after speaking with almost 10 different Fitbit representatives, hard resetting/ factory resetting the darn thing at least 29 time, then having to mention that a replacement was NEVER offered over the course of 2 weeks, I finally got the replacement today and will try this ordeal ONE more time. As a diehard Fitbit user (Charge HR, Charge 2 and now the Versa), I was expecting the Versa to be everything I’ve been wanting in my fitness watch but sadly I feel like we should have put our money towards an Apple Watch or something. The sad thing is that Fitbit knows the product sucks and I know that because I received the flowing message in an email: “

On this matter, we'd like to point out that we are aware of this situation,  but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our engineering team informed of the impact on you and other customers. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

We appreciate your time and understanding on this matter. Keep in mind that we are always here for you. In case you have any other question, or inquiry, please let us know so we can further assist you.”

If that doesn’t sound like “we pushed out products that weren’t ready, know we’ve messed up but can’t/ won’t do anything to fix it...” I don’t know what does. Depending on how this replacement goes, this will be my LAST Fitbit product ever!
Best Answer
I totally understand your frustration, especially with a new product. With my Blaze, supposedly they don’t even sell it any more. I have to assume it’s because of all the problems. The thing is it was fine for the first year (I loved it), but then literally overnight the charge went from lasting 4 days to 2, then 1, and then 1 hour. That had nothing to do with how I’m charging it or how I’m wearing it or what parts are turned on or off. And they know it. 🙄
I wish you luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback @Stephany-g and @mollysmom2

@Stephany-g, I just confirmed with our Customer Support team that your Versa has been replaced. Our support team can confirm more information with you and accomplish a solution for you easily. If you @mollysmom2 and @Stephany-g still having doubts about the solution provided I advise you to keep answering to those emails. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on Fitbit and bought a Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you around @mollysmom2! I totally understand your position. If you'd like me to escalate your case to our Support Team for them to discuss other alternatives, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out with it.

Anything else you may need, we're here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried for a year to get help and I just kept getting the same things to try. I gave up and bought a Garmin and will never recommend Fitbit because of the customer service.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am noticing as my Blaze gets older the heart rate gets more and more inaccurate. Especially when I enable the live heart rate on the Fitbit coach app for my PC while working out. 

It will have me heart rate at 85-90 while doing w minutes of sprinting in place or high knees. 

No way.  

I do have a polar arm band heart monitor as a fallback.  

But I'd rather keep things simple and stay with the Fitbit. 

The heart rate monitor on my charge 2 gave out. It no longer works while working out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my versa for Christmas as well and am having the same issue. My resting heart rate is 45-55 bpm and sometimes the versa states my HR is 175bpm at rest. This is my third or fourth Fitbit and the first time I have had this issue. I've also noticed that there are times touch sensitivity is out of whack as well. At one point I couldn't restart the versa because it wouldn't respond when I tapped on the shutdown button. I reset it to factory setting and it improved it for a day and then I am left with the same issues the following day. I am going to call customer service tomorrow. 

Best Answer

I have just bought the new Versa and its atrociously inaccurate! My heart rate has been reading 120-125bpm in the middle of an intense workout when it is in fact up at the 165bpm mark. I'm so pissed that I stayed with Fitbit when I had other choices. The reason i upgraded from the HR was because that was becoming inaccurate also. WTF Fitbit??? And before you direct me to the "how to wear the fitbit" page I know how to wear it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Grace - Yes, a replacement was finally offered after mentioning it on the 15th call I had and emailing a couple different people.... but hey it's here and I am using it.

To everyone else that's having issues with the Versa, here's an update: It's been about a month that I've been using my replacement and so far so good. When I received the replacement, I wanted to test something out and refrain from downloading any 3rd party apps to my Versa that would use my heart rate feature just to see if my heart rate doesn't get all jacked up again. What I mean by that is that I have not selected a new clock face, I've kept the original clock face and apps as they come when I turn the device on for the first time. So I'm basically using it without customization (sucks I know, but I want to see if this works).

This is a crazy thought, but I'm wondering if 3rd party apps could be the issue with the heart rate acting up over time. If you look at the clock face options, I think 3rd party developers create the designs. When you select a clock face you want, it will most likely tell you that your heart rate will need to be accessed in order for you to use and do you agree to these terms (or something like that, I'm paraphrasing).

Not sure if this is the case or not and if someone is using the original clock face and still ran into this issue, but I'm trying to find a solution that works long-term. I will keep everyone updated, but fingers crossed this works and helps others 🙂

Goodluck,

Steph-G

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. I hope it works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is there a way to fix this heart rate tracker? I don’t see anything that tells me how to fix it. All I see is wearing it higher on the wrist or not too tight. I’ve never had a problem with it until now. It’s always ready my heart rate accurately, now it suddenly stopped reading at all. Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally understand. Every time something went wrong with my watch, picking up heart rate and keeping a charge, literally happened overnight. 😖

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

what is the point in having the fit bit then!!! most people do this type of exercise. it should be stated at sale that it is not very efficient when these exercises are done - so what you are saying its more for the joe bloggs who just runs or walks!!!! 

I saved up for this fit bit and it doesn't work well at all. so sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my charge 3 for 2 weeks.  Nothing I have observed about this watch is accurate.  Wanted it for heart rate primarily when I work out.  Heart rate is on average 20-25 % lower than the gym equipment monitors.   While doing interval workout, walking 2 minutes a running one minute, heart rate barely increases during the minute of running.  It is 30 BPM less than the gym equipment  monitors.  i get steps and distance while driving, showering, sleeping or brushing my teeth.  I have zero confidence in this "gadget".  Spoke to tech support with no help what so ever.   Worst  purchase ever for me.  will be returning asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing makes a difference.  it is totally inaccurate and a piece of crap watch in every respect

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar experience.  My Fitbit Blaze, 1 year and four months old, is becoming increasingly inaccurate showing wild swings in heart rate while exercising and sometimes picking up no heartrate at all.  I am also having trouble getting it to charge properly.  It will show the same level of charge day after day no matter how much time it spends in the charger and then all of a sudden it's showing red, but will continue working the whole day.  Clearly something is not right.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct a very expensive pedometer.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct, a very expensive pedometer.
Best Answer
0 Votes