Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze stops tracking sleep during the night, then start again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Blaze starts tracking my sleep like normal, it tracks sleep for about 1 to 2 hours then stops, then after an hour or so it starts tracking again, it is then ok for the rest of the night, this has happened for the last two night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @Ludo23. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Blaze not recording your sleep correctly 😕

I don't see a reason why it would stop all of a sudden in the middle of the night and resume tracking it after an hour or so. I can recommend at the moment restarting your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Try it out for the next nights and see how it goes. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have had the same issue and recently reported it.  On the screen it shows a gap between the two time period and in the detail list it shows two entries for the same date, one about an hour and a half, followed by a second one an hour later for the rest of the night.  This happened twice this last week, on Tue and Fri nights.  Your company has a software error.

Best Answer

Hey there @c6r6d6. Good to see you around! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with this too. Could it be that you're waking up in the night and you probably don't really remember and that's why it appears as two different sleep logs?

If not, have you already tried my suggestions above to see if this makes any difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted the fitbit at least a couple of times, and no I did not wake in the middle of the two nights without remembering.  I even checked if the bracelet was either loose or two tight.  I did have an earlier time where I did go back to sleep one morning after being up for some time, and the fitbit worked fine that day.

I have read several post of this type and all the answers given that could be construed as "operator error" and none fit.  There is a flaw in either the operating system for the device or the time recording system.  Most likely a software rather than hard ware issue. 

Best Answer

Got it @c6r6d6.  Thanks for getting back and telling me this.

There's one last thing that we can try just to make sure. You can set up your tracker as a new device. What this does is that if anything was not working properly or was wacky, will sync up again with your personal information and should make it all work fine again.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and you can keep an eye on it for the next night and see how it goes.

Let me know if you need more help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I did this and it was ok for a week or so but it's has started playing up again, I've just restarted the Blaze so I'll see how it goes from there.

Regards

Luke Doel
Best Answer
0 Votes

As of last night the issue remains, it recorded 1 hr 46 minutes, the gap of 1 hr and 6 min and then recorded 6 hr and 43 minutes.  I was not awake in the gap period.  The first time recorded under the old method and the last under the new method (display of sleep time).

I tried resetting the tracker this morning and will test it for several days as the gaps do not always show up nightly.  As of right now this issue cannot be considered fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night, my Blaze only recorded my sleep for 3 hours, and then didn't kick back in again, even though I slept then for a further 5 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Blaze a week ago to record my mother's sleep stages as she seems to having some serious sleep issues.  I had a Flex for her before.  The Blaze is recording the exact same patterns described by you.  I tried swapping it with my Surge.  I used the Blaze which recorded the sleep stages for me that night and she used the Surge.  My sleep stages were normal.  No 2 hour awake gap in the night as she has been averaging.  The last two nights she has her Blaze back and last night there was the 2 hour awake gap again.  To date I have yet to see a sleep stage for her.  I have deleted and reinstalled her Blaze at least three times.  I was about to consult her doctor as I do know she is having sleep issues but know having seen these posts I do think it is a software issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I recorded a slightly different version, it seems the first few hours of
sleep were not recorded last night. I checked the pulse monitor and it
shows a slow heart rate during the missed time that is consistent with the
pulse rate during recorded sleep. Between 63 and 58 PBM. Further
investigation over a two week period showed a couple of other nights the
sleep starting time was after midnight with resting pulse rates for several
hours. This shows the watch was working and sensing during the missed
sleep periods.

On your mothers records check her resting heart rate for the missing
periods. See if it was recorded and about the low level of resting.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Looking over her records this past there does seem to be a pattern of the missing sleep time coinciding with lower heart rates, round about the resting lows. One night though there was a slight peak in the heart rate at the start of the missing hour plus before it fell off to the low 60s.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Looking over her records this past there does seem to be a pattern of the missing sleep time coinciding with lower heart rates, round about the resting lows. One night though there was a slight peak in the heart rate at the start of the missing hour plus before it fell off to the low 60s.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

You could be on to something here, I only checked last night but found the same, my Blaze stopped tracking my sleep between 02:50 and 04:13 and it looks like between this time my heart rate dropped below 60 bpm. Saying this though it also droped below 60 between 01:25 and 01:55 though sleep was tracked during this time.

Maybe it has something not only to do with heart rate dropping below 60 but also the length of time it drops for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you manually add the sleep start and end times, does the recorded Fitbit data (movement and heart rate) during those hours get applied to the sleeping hours, and thus generate a useful sleep pattern?

I know this means adding a manual step every morning to something we hoped would be automatic, but it might be worth a try if sleep monitoring is important.

Hope this helps Smiley Very Happy

Matt

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can add a sleep log but only for the time that's missing if you try to add a log for the whole duration of your sleep it won't let you as overlapping records already exist. When you add it though it just says that you were awake that whole time, so doesn't actually help. When you look at the log for the manually inputted time it just says "Time Asleep 0 mins - 1 hr 21 min awake/restless" If you were actually awake for that long you would know about it.

Fitbit needs to address this issue and put out a software update as this is clearly an issue affecting a lot of people with the Blaze and seeing that it's one of the most expensive FitBit's it's crazy how many have this fault.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a new Blaze and worked good for a few days and is showing me also gaps in sleep cycle. Hope fit bit comes up with a solution to the problem. Know I am not awake for these multi hour gaps it shows.

Best Answer
0 Votes