Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Blaze video

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'd like to watch the video on this new product but evidently it's Flash based. Can you provide an alternative for those of use that don't use Flash for security purposes?

Edit: For those in teh same boat as me, here's a video on youtube you can view. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3DNT54NkA

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@LedMatrix The video on the Blaze Product page uses HTML5. If you're having trouble viewing it, maybe you'll have better luck with a direct link.

Best Answer

Thanks Matthew. I guess it's just one more thing being blocked at work.

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes

The video's presentation of "...connected GPS" is incredibly misleading and disingenuous (at best) when it doesn't mention that you MUST be using a compatible smart phone in order to achieve GPS functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seemed perfectly clear to me. By definition something has to be 'compatible' to be used.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@GaryTXTo clarify a bit, in order to sync or use the features of any of our trackers (inlcuding Blaze), I suggest confirming that you meet the minimum requirements that can be found here. Those requirements include the usage of a supported device. You can confirm if your device is supported here. Hope that helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I agree with Gary.  (Hey Gary, it's JP. Nice to see you in the forum!)

Forbes slammed it too at http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2016/01/06/fitbit-either-doesnt-understand-apple-watch-or-h...

Bitbit was doing so well... they need to replace their product management team! 

Best Answer

I guess it depends on what they want to do. At the moment, their opinion on the future looks to be different to yours (OK, I'm making an assumption here) but I don't see what makes them wrong and you right. You could both be wrong.

personally I'm a believer in letting the suppliers do what they like and the consumer voting with their £s (or $s if you prefer). A company can never be "wrong" they can simply be less popular than they hoped/needed to be.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
I think the Blaze looks great, has a very nice feature set (even if it is basic). I bet it will do very well in the fitness tracking/smart watch market.
Don't forget that nothing will be able to compete directly with Apple watches since Apple will limit the functionality of any smart watch except the Apple Watch.
I think the Blaze is a smart choice to release- it gives fitbit users yet another option with proven, reliable fitness tracking and a decent battery on top of it.
Best Answer

@GaryTX i think you might want to watch the video again, it does menton "and with connected GPS," connected clearly impies it needs to be connectd to something for this feature to work.

Best Answer

It's mentioned at the 22 second in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k3DNT54NkA&t=22

Best Answer
0 Votes