Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App won't let me sign in or reset my password

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit App randomly logged me out and now tells me my password is incorrect when I try to log back in.

I am able to log into the Browser Fitbit website just fine.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It still tells me my password is incorrect.

I have attempted to reset my password from both the website and the app.  Both say they sent a reset email. No emails have been received in my inbox or my junk folder 

I reached out to Customer service with the above information and all they did was tell me to do what I stated to them I've already done. When I confirmed that I really had tried all this, they told me they would not help me and to just reset my password, even though I am unable to do so.

Does anyone know how to fix this glitch where the app won't let me log in?!

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Clariselise   Which version of the app do you use?  Android, iOS, or Windows?  I would like to move your post to the correct app forum.  I think you will get more help from the correct app forum.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the Android app, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me repeatedly two days this week, but it also wouldn't let me sign in online, and said it was sending reset emails to me at least 5 times but I never received any of them, and I checked my spam. I went ahead and made a new profile using the same email and sign in that I believe were my previous ones (and this is the email that has received weekly emails from Fitbit for the last year plus, and is my only email). I can sign in and it recognized new exercise but erased all previous. However, it still has my heart rate history going back at least a few weeks.

I have android, Tmobile revvl phone.

Best Answer

Oh, wow, I guess it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I really, really, really do not want a new account. I have years' worth of historic data, multiple connected apps, a competitive friends list.

I just need to log back into my own account. It's so weird that customer service won't just manually send me a password reset email or something.

There HAS to be a fix for this glitch.

Best Answer

It's been 6 days.  Customer Service refuses to help.

I will be purchasing a Garmon.

This is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the opposite issue, my app works fine but can't sign on with my computer and never get an email to rest my password. Tried setting up a new account, but now my Blaze can't connect because I don't have a dongle. Didn't need one when I first set up my account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm fairly certain the "reset password" button/link needs some IT attention. 

I have a friend whose Fitbit is working just fine attempt to reset her password to test my theory and she didn't receive a password reset email either. 

I've been trying to get this resolved since last Monday.   I've spoken to, emailed, and chatted with a handful of customer service reps. They will not help.

Now I'm being told they've "escalated" my service request to a different "team" on Thursday (it is now Sunday).  I haven't heard from this so-called "team", no one is answering my emails, and customer support on the chat and the phone blatantly refuse to help.  "It's been escalated to another team", which I am starting to think is Fitbit Customer Support Speak for "we don't actually help when our service malfunctions, you should have bought Garmon"

Best Answer
If you have the app on your smartphone you can change it that way and it worked for me just fine. I can now access my app on my phone and my computer and all of my data is there. I got help thru live chat and she was very helpful.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The app will not allow me to log in and will not allow me to reset my password.

That IS the reason I made this thread.

Also, it has been a week since this glitch. I've been in contact with 9 customer support people. I have been informed they "escalated" my "case" to a separate "team" last Thursday. It's Monday now. I've called or chatted and emailed every day. They have flat refused to fix the "password reset" link to generate an email, or to reinstate my password to work on the app, or to manually allow me to reset my password. REFUSED.

Best Answer

Out of curiosity did you use the option that lets you sign into Fitbit using a Google Account?

Best Answer
0 Votes