Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since June and in the last two days a full battery will drain within 3-4 hours. I have not changed any settings. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Support is sending me a new device.  Hopefully it works!

Best Answer
Support is sending me a second new device in a week.
Best Answer

I'm having the same having to charge my Blaze up every day now - there's obviously an issue with them, who do I need to contact to arrange a replacement? Possibly thinking of changing to an iwatch as can track routes etc and also have issue of it not logging my runs at all at the moment which means itsa waste of time having it as this is the main use for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted live with support via web chat. It’s on the help page. They are open until 9PM PT.
Best Answer
0 Votes

same here,  months of use with no problem,  battery lasting 4-5 days without issue  and now suddenly the battery draining and dying within 24 hours.  what gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine has suddenly begun doing the same thing,  a fully charged battery last lest than 24 hours,  thing cost to much to have this issue.  what can I do to correct this and don't say purchase a new one..not gonna happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem. I called fitbit and they did the same solution and it still only lasts 1 - 2 days. Before this it easily lasted 5 days. What happened? I think it is something dealing with an app update. Some bug in the software that is draining the battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you do the updates through your computer or a different phone because I have an s8 too. On my note 3 I never had this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've used a Note 3 & S7, it's not the phone it's the Blaze and I've replaced it and all is well.

Contact Fitbit as they can see the performance of the watch via their website and will replace it for you no charge!

Paul

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit went from only needing to be charged one a week to once every three days once I got my S8. It must be an issue with the software.

Best Answer

I've been getting 1 maybe 1.5 days out of a full charge.  I've had mine for just under a year.  This problem started a week or two ago, and accelerated to the point that it's at now where I'm only getting about 1.5 days on a full charge.

FWIW I'm running Android Nougat, and I have the Chronograph face on the watch.  I just did a factory reset on my phone, so we'll see if that fixes it - maybe it was getting attacked by Bluetooth pings or something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue! My battery would last about 4 days and now it drains within 20 hours, very frustrating. I've tried all of the tips and nothing helps. The strange thing is I also have a charge HR (I trade of once in a while), and that one is doing the same thing! Maybe it's a problem with the new update?? Please fix Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you think it is related to Galaxy S8. I also have all of a sudden battery draining issue right after changing to Galaxy S8. It's weird but sounds possible. Never thought about this issue before. We should let Fitbit knows about this. Thank you for your observation.

Best Answer

No, just the same with my old Galaxy S5

Thought that myself so went back to my S5. No difference, battery still flattens quickly 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. Mine is still draining so fast. Don't know how to fix it. It's odd it was all of a sudden.

Koi

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the short battery life after the Relax feature was added in last update.

I never use this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had a reply from Fitbit support 

They admit the battery is faulty and the Blaze needs replacing.

My current Blaze is a replacement for my original Blaze that had a fsulty battery also.

Common theme here!

Because the original Balze is more than 365 days old they will NOT replace my current Blaze even through it is less than 36t days old.

Their advice is to buy a new Blaze!

I don't think so.

Poor product, poor service.

Goodniy Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Update: Fully charged it this afternoon (to 100%) and went back out.  I'm home about 4 hours later and I'm getting a warning that the battery is empty.  3 days between charges has dropped to 4 hours.  Just like that.  I'll contact support now and see if they can help.

This has been happening to me as well. Fully charged last night but fully drained within 3 to 4 hours. Also very hot when charging which is very worrying 

Best Answer

I got a brand new Blaze few days ago and battery last around 2 days, all features are turned off (notifications, sync, reminders. dimmed display) except Quick view. I researched what the problem might be, and its probably some software bug in the latest firmware related to sleep tracking. Sending new replacements won't solve this problem. People who are having Blaze for months suddenly have battery drains after the update, so its not the hardware problem. Any news when new firmware update is coming? Thanks

Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same problems as everyone else here: all good for 5-6 days, until recently: dead in a day or so. Plus my Fitbit (Blaze) was charging very slowly compared to usual: 3 or more hours to full charge versus about an hour, before.

I have temporarily solved the problem by turning off Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Now I'm back to good battery life and quick charging. I just have to sync manually. Hopefully this will give at least some of you a way to improve battery life for now anyway.

Clearly all this points to some kind of software big, somehow related to the Bluetooth connection. Hopefully Fitbit will figure this out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes