Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since June and in the last two days a full battery will drain within 3-4 hours. I have not changed any settings. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

So, just an update.  I did receive a new device.  Crossing my fingers, but no problems so far.  I activated it on Tuesday and finally charged it today.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the same problems with the battery as you guys. 

Only had my balze since Christmas gone. Had brilliant battery life (5 days) now it dies with no warning! 

I have the added problem of a white static screen when going on charge! Looks completely gone! 

Nothing had happened to the watch to cause damage & it's still syncing to my phone while In the white screen mode! 

Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue over the last 2 days with my Fitbit Blaze.  Have had the device for about 3-4 months and it has consistently kept a charge for 3-4 days.  Over the last two days it has drained a full battery in less than 10 hours each day.  My device is synced to an iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have my Fitbit Blaze less than one year until three days ago the charge lasted 2, 3 even 5 days. Now I only get 4 or 5 hours and it is completely drained. I have change the settings so I don't get notifications and other settings and it stills drains but it all worked before

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a Galaxy S8 recently, over the following week my Blaze battery life went down to 1-2 days, uninstalled the Fitbit app and disconnected the bluetooth link from my phone so I'm just using my laptop for my Blaze - all back to normal, battery usage back to 5 days!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me This problem started with me soon after getting my Galaxy S8.  I've since uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone and my Blaze is holding a usual five day charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem started with me soon after getting my Galaxy S8.  I've since uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone and my Blaze is holding a usual five day charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well as I suspected that it is something to do with this version of app on
the S8. Well it does not matter now becuase after seeing the latest news on
the Fitbit Ionic I will be definitely upgrading.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Loved my blaze, would get 4-5 day life out of it easily then it dropped to two and now less than 24 hours. It's become completely useless for continuous tracking which is what I did use it for. 

This last week I've not tracked 90% of what I would have liked because it was in charge so much it just wouldn't be ready when I went out.

Im on android on an s8 & i've turned off:

Notifications

BT classic so no music control

Quick view

All day sync

Always connected

And have the screen brightness set to minimum.

The only thing left to turn off is hr which seeing as that's the main reason I got it is would defeat the point of having it.

Not happy 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I had exactly the same, with an S8 too. I totally uninstalled the Fitbit app and in-paired the Bluetooth connection – this solved the problem. I use the Blaze on my laptop anyway so I’m not bothered about not having it on my phone, they’ll fix it soon.

Kind regards,

Mick Payton 07739 964711
Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheers. 

Unfortunately without the phone app it's pretty much useless to me. I only use my laptop for work (my way of keeping business and personal separate as I'm self employed).

Ironic really that after selecting fitbit over competitor devices partly on device reliability and the usability of the phone app it's now those two things in question.

Fingers crossed they pull their fingers out and sort out the issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out my issue - the stopwatch on the choronograph face absolutely burns through the battery.  If I forget to turn it off after a few hours, significant battery drain is noticeable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did lower the brightness, change to auto and also to low but still draining my battery within a day and a bit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some problem. I have my blaze for at list one year without any problem (4 to 5 days of battery) and suddenly the watch die in a few hours (5 to 6 hours, yesterday ).

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the replacement which did not help. Battery still drains really fast. I think it might be software problem instead.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I can't find a way to contact them except twitter???  What number did you call?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought I went to their website and contacted them throught it. Let try it. Please let me know if you have further question.
P.S. your fotbit have to be in the guarantee period (1 year guarantee).

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue. was fine last week, changed nothing, now draining in 12 hrs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the settings from 'all day sync' and now sync manually untill this issue is fixed. Battery is now back to lasting 4-5 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the same as mickpayton changing the settings and it work.

Manually sync it maybe 4 - 5 times a day

Best Answer
0 Votes