Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since June and in the last two days a full battery will drain within 3-4 hours. I have not changed any settings. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

I've had this problem for the past 10 days or so ....... read all these posts, tried everything.  I believe I found the problem and solution myself this morning.  Here's the issue:  I also noticed that replacing the Blaze into the frame after charging was a little bit trickier - required a little more force....... I started paying attention to the face.  The face was remaining lit up for far too long before going dark ...... I hadn't paid attention to that the past 10 days - it's winter, I wear long sleeves, etc. etc.  So I pulled out an extra frame/band that I had, easily popped the Blaze into place, and the face went dark after a few seconds as it's supposed to do.  Now 8 hours later, I still have a "Full" indicator when I check the battery.  The old frame must have gotten bent or dented, and was pushing one of the side buttons slightly in.

Best Answer

I've had this problem for the past 10 days or so ....... read all these posts, tried everything.  I believe I found the problem and solution myself this morning.  Here's the issue:  I also noticed that replacing the Blaze into the frame after charging was a little bit trickier - required a little more force....... I started paying attention to the face.  The face was remaining lit up for far too long before going dark ...... I hadn't paid attention to that the past 10 days - it's winter, I wear long sleeves, etc. etc.  So I pulled out an extra frame/band that I had, easily popped the Blaze into place, and the face went dark after a few seconds as it's supposed to do.  Now 8 hours later, I still have a "Full" indicator when I check the battery.  The old frame must have gotten bent or dented, and was pushing one of the side buttons slightly in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had exactly the same issue, watch ran fine for 11 months, then all of a sudden 6 to 8 hours between charges.

A pain yes, but I have to praise Fitbit's reaction time though.

I emailed a information request on the Monday night, received a follow up question the next morning.

Tuesday afternoon I was advised that a replacement was on order and it was delivered Friday.

There might be a problem with the item but at least Fitbit have admitted it and done something quickly, I'm still a fan.

Best Answer

Yes Fitbit also sent me a replacement Blaze, which has exactly the same problem. I have given up on Fitbit, checking out other options.

Best Answer

I have the same problem as anyone else in this thread, battery drains over night. It started without any particular reason. I have turned off almost any function that is not needed, but it still drains. As of today, my Blaze is no more than a fancy watch for me. What is the point of having a lot of functions when You need to turn them off?

I've noticed that some says the battery problem came after firmware updates, doesn't anyone at Fitbit investigate that issue?

I've been a fan so far, but I fear that my relation to Fitbit will end pretty soon.

Best Answer

Get a new one sent to you, as when they work they are great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit sent me a new one! It is exactly the same as the one it replaced.
Certainly will not be buying another Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same situation with me!

I received a replacement watch and it start to have different and inconstant behaviors: sometimes the battery lasts a few days (normal) and on other situations lasts 1 or 2 days, and with no warning I become with no watch in few seconds. So I cannot relay on it. I don't no if this is  a problem of this specific model or if it is of all other models of Fitbit? I thought buying a Ionic, but now I'm with several doubts - should we try another brand? Who can help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem in last 2 days. I have to charge 3 or 4 times a day.. It will not hold the charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Whilst I support the idea that for the cost there should be no issues with a product, I am a realist and I see that the options are:
a) Toss it and get something else, or
b) Give Fitbit a chance to rectify / replace it.
Lets face it, it is an idea electrical technology item.
I got onto support on a chat session and they offered to either, arrange a replacement, or give me half of the value on another tracker (mine was nearly out of warranty) I went for the replacement, that was shipped from China and in my hands in 4 days.
Contrary to others in this forum, I have given Fitbit the benefit of the doubt and my replacement is still going strong.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
How do I let fit bit know about this issue?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to contact.fitbit.com
There are options for chat, email etc.
Not sure what it chat is manned 24 hours a day, but they've always been there when I have tried.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

Best Answer