Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze: GPS enabled bike ride logs wrong stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I own Fitbit Blaze which is paired to my iPhone7.

It seems that my fitbit blaze keep logging wrong step info. I go on Bike ride early morning for an hour. It logs that Bike ride under exercise mode but also logs same under steps taken during same ride.

Why does it logs both ride and steps at the same time when i am just doing one single exercise?

Dashboard shows wrong info, though my bike ride is around 15 km, it only shows me 3-4 km which i think is conversion of the steps taken.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @Rutul, great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I thought I was very active for riding my bike every day for 15 minutes but you definitely beat me at it haha

Anyway... I'm sorry you're having problems with the info not being tracked as it should, that sounds very strange. I'm not really sure of what could be going on here, but as you say, it seems like it's counting your activity as a bike ride and as a walk/run at the same time which is very strange. Do you by any chance use any other app that could connect to Fitbit and record your bike rides as a walk or run and that could be syncing that data to Fitbit probably?

If not, the only think I can think would be setting up your tracker as a new device but restarting it before. For the restart, press the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot. After that, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device (make sure to sync it first).

For setting it up as a new device, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem and hopefully you should be able to keep a more accurate track of your activities from that point.

If you continue to experience problems with this, let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes