Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Notifications on Android Galaxy S8+

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've spent the past 2 hours fighting with this blaze. I've had several texts come through throughout the process of troubleshooting and it's still just not working.

Settings on watch itself: 

Notifications are ON

Settings in fitbit app:

Notifications for text messages is ON

Default messaging app is set to my Google Messages (where I get my texts at)

Always Vibrate is ON

All-Day Sync is ON

Always Connected is ON

Settings on the Phone: 

Device Care -> Battery ->  Power Mode: High performance

Special Access -> Optimize Battery Usage: Fitbit and Messages are UNCHECKED

Special Access -> Notification Access: Fitbit is CHECKED

Apps -> Fitbit -> Notifications: Show Notifications is CHECKED

Apps -> Fitbit -> Permissions: FULL permissions granted/everything is CHECKED

Steps I have taken:

Restarted both devices.

Removed fitbit from account; cleared notification; unpaired from phone

Turned BT on/off

Sent a test call from the fitbit app (this worked???? but texts and other app notifications still don't go through)
I've reset my phone (Gen mgmt -> reset -> Reset Accessibility Settings & Reset Settings)

I'm seriously at the end of my expertise in troubleshooting. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @tsckaay, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. My apologies for the delay.

Thanks for troubleshooting prior to contacting us. You have done an excellent job! I'd like to check some requirements first: 

Requirements:

• For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.
  • If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your device.
  • In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing with your phone, for more info check those suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If you aren't receiving notifications, try these steps:

1. Restart your Fitbit
2. Turn off notifications: In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.
3. Reboot your mobile device.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

1. Disconnect ("unpair") your device in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases: Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.
2. Open the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your device.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

If this is not working, please let me know! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @tsckaay, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. My apologies for the delay.

Thanks for troubleshooting prior to contacting us. You have done an excellent job! I'd like to check some requirements first: 

Requirements:

• For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.
  • If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your device.
  • In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing with your phone, for more info check those suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

If you aren't receiving notifications, try these steps:

1. Restart your Fitbit
2. Turn off notifications: In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

1. Disconnect ("unpair") your device in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases: Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.
2. Open the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your device.

If this is not working, please let me know! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes