Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze buttons aren't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze will not respond using back button and/or reset commands (left button and bottom right button). Once I am in the today screen, I can't go back or forward, just stuck on that screen. I am trying to get it back to the screen that shows time and date. The only way I have found to do this is to take the Blaze from the strap and putting it in the charger cradle, once in the cradle it shows that it is charged or needs charging, it then returns to the screen showing time and date. If I proceed to the today screen, it will get stuck again. Any ideas on fixing this problem?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

It's great to welcome you @Paul1152.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this. If your Blaze buttons aren't working, you may be able to remove dust or dirt by gently using a toothpick around the button. If this does not improve the button performance, you can try to clear debris using canned air. Hold the tracker at arm's length and spray once to loosen any dirt or dust that may have accumulated around the button.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. The strange thing is:

If I shut down the device, the back button works! But only until it start up again.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @StyrJohan.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you have tried the instructions provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend trying those tips.

See you around. Man Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the solution you recommended and it did not correct the issue, I am still having the same trouble with the back button. I've tried multiple times to reset The Blaze. The only way to get back to the clock/date screen is to plug it into the charger cradle, it will then return to the clock/date screen. Is this a software issue or is this an issue with the back button.

Paul Budzilowicz

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Paul1152.

Since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you around. Man Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the solution you recommended and it did not correct the issue, I am still having the same trouble with the back button. I've tried multiple times to reset The Blaze. The only way to get back to the clock/date screen is to plug it into the charger cradle, it will then return to the clock/date screen. Since the screen works when touched that means the software is fine, this is a hardware issue for sure. Can someone please help me get in touch with someone in the warranty dept. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Hailey.hitt.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Upon checking with our support team I was told that you have already created a case with them. I know our team will be glad to help you out and provide you with a solution.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem with the buttons and have cleaned for dust etc. Buttons work when turning Fitbit on but not to return to time/date screen. Select button not working.  Please advise further action.

Thanks

Best Answer

Is your device still under warranty? Less than a year old?  If so I can walk you through the steps of what to do and say so they'll send you a replacement. They just processed and shipped mine out today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortenly it's 15 months old 😞

// Johan

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - Hailey- yes it is less than 1 year old

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @moocal@StyrJohan it's great to see you here and @Hailey.hitt thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this buttons issue and wanted to let you know that I've gone ahead and escalated your cased to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already commented on a different thread... 

Reported the same issue. I don't think it's a hardware issue, because the button would work when device is switched off, just to switch on and then won't work again. I was recommended by support to buy a new one! That's a bad solution to a software problem they should fix.

Best Answer
Hi,
Yes, my Fitbit Blaze was under warranty.
Less than a year old
Replacement is on it's way to me.

Thank you

Paul
Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. My fit bit is only a week old and the home button has never worked.  I have to change the clock after every time I change the screens.  Really annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to welcome you @rgreen5582@Paul1152 good to see you around and @fed10 thanks for stopping by.

@Paul1152 I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a replacement. If there is anything else I can do for you, do no hesitate to post it. And @rgreen5582, have you tried the instructions provided in my previous post? If you haven't, please try them.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good day. I’m having an issue similar to this. My left button isn’t working. My Blaze is 2.5 yrs old and is very well taken care of   Is it time for another? 

Best Answer

If you're still under the one year limited warranty you need to email/contact support and tell them the display is dimming out and sometimes not visible at all. I know it's a button issue but warranty doesn't cover that, so you need to tell them what I said above and they will escalate your case and send you a form for a replacement pebble (the screen)

The warranty is very tricky as it covers hardware but not software and nothing in between. This is the only way to get a replacement otherwise they send you a coupon to discount buying a new one which in my opinion if you discontinued the blaze bc it's a failure why should we have to dish out another $200 for a different watch when we did nothing wrong to damage the original. That's fraud. Two can play that game. 

Best Answer

Well that’s just BS. Not standing behind their product   It’s not fair. Guess I’ll send them a message.  Thank you very much 

Best Answer
0 Votes