Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why tf do all of your products lack simple things that people actually use. For example, why do other Fitbit models allow for simple factory resets but you need old devices to reset your Fitbit blaze. I no longer have the old hardware that my blaze was synced to and for some stupid **ahem** reason you guys have never heard of the cloud. I wasted 200$ on the blaze and it’s **ahem**ing useless now because I can’t get the old hardware to disconnect my Bluetooth. I’ve encountered this before with many of you’re products (Flex, Charge HR) and have always encountered simple problem that normally can be fixed but due to the fact that there isn’t any help or setting for these devices, I’m left with a **ahem**ty piece of plastic. I have to draw a line and I will no longer be a customer to a company that only supports it’s newest devices. 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Well @johnny_k_ there are only three Fitbit models that have factory resets, the Charge and Charge 2, why? It was discovered that some of these trackers if the had synced through a phone running Android v3 they sometimes had problems connecting to Android 4or higher, a factory reset fixed this . Now that Android phones are on version 7 and 8 the factory reset is not needed. The Ionic also has a factory reset because it is the first Fitbit tracker that actually has personal information that may be stored on it, the rest simply collect data from movements and heartbeats. 

As for the tracker connected to your old phone, unless the phone is within 50 feet and in working condition your tracker will not be able to connect to it. Since you say you don't have the old hardware this is not an issue. 

As for help every page has a link to fitbit's extensive, searchable, and interactive help docs where a user may download their user manual. 

As for the cloud service, this is where your account and all its collected data resides. It also is the reason a sync may be done through the phone app and the data is then a soluble on any web browser at Fitbit.com 

BTW the tracker gets connected to your cloud account. If the app needs to pair the tracker to a phones Bluetooth for notifications and the connected GPS the app will perform the pairing. The tracker does not need to be paired to the phone to do a sync. 

As for the Blaze, if it is still connected to your fitbit's cloud account, then downloading the app, log into the account, give any requested permissions, it should sync. 

Of course the link to Fitbit support is also found in the help docs in the web and phone, along with being on every page in the top right corner. They will be more than happy to help out. 

Best Answer